I am thinking of redesign the layout of my blog again. How often do you redesign blog? As a web designer by trade I get bored with the design easily and constantly want to change it. Is it a bad idea to keep changing the look of your blog?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've redesigned twice since I started in April, and I too feel the itch to do it again every time I see a blog whose design I have fallen in love with. I'm also a graphic designer, though I focus more on print than webdesign, and because I did all my theme customization, logo and header design myself, it makes it very tempting to change it often. But I do want my readers to get used to the current design, which I am pretty happy. I don't want to shock them one day when nothing is where it used to be and they get frustrated and leave the site. Both of my previous changes were subtle, keeping the header and background pretty close and changing only the sidebar to get more above the fold.
i don't like to redesign my blog. WHy because too many things to do and afraid the codes is missing. So....the only i change is the header :D
I have had my blog since the beginning of this month and am on my third redesign. But being new to blogging I had to get a feel for what I wanted. I probably won't update until for awhile now.
I haven't had a whole redesign . . .yet. But, I do "tweak" constantly (banners, columns/column size, etc).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service