I have four daughters (and one son) and I ask myself this question frequently. What do you think?

Tags: boyfriend, dating, daughters, household, mothers, rules, women

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd go with never to lol. But realistically - when I was growing up, I was told no dating until 18 and based on my experience I learned this: once teens decide they want to date, they will - not matter what you say. If you forbid it, they just go behind your back. I had wonderful Christian parents, and I knew right from wrong, but I meet a guy and had to hid it so instead of going out openly, we snuck around. And when you can't go out in public, there are limited activities you can engage in.

Yes, I became a teen mom. Yes, my own fault. But, now that we are older and wiser my husband and I have decided that we would rather allow our girls to date under our watchful eye then have them go behind our backs. Will this keep them from having sex? No - but banning dating won't either. We've told our girls they can only go on group dates until highschool. In highschool they will be allowed to date provided they follow curfew and are honest about where they are and with who. If they break curfew or get caught lying, dating priviledges will suffer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/17/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

12 Days of Christmas Super Sale

Not a member?  Sign up here for your Free
Healthy Home Company Membership
https://mombloggersgiftmembership.com

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

The more moms who are a part of Mom Bloggers for Social Good, the more good we can do through our blogs and social media. Please join us!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service