Ahhhh...It's that glorious time of year again. Full of love and laughter, good-hearted sharing and warm family get togethers and...who am I kidding? Has anyone else entered stress mode yet?

It seems like the only people getting into the holiday spirit are those busy making holiday lists (mostly under the age of 16), those who do not have to cook a huge dinner for 12 people, and those who don't have to dodge through crowds of ravenous holiday shoppers in a do-or-die search for "just the right gift".

This year I'm planning on doing a lot of shopping online and leaving some of the cooking to my in-laws (and I stress "some"...if you ever tasted my in-laws' cooking you'd know why). Anyone else have any coping mechanisms for the holiday insanity?

Tags: holiday, stress

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hosting on your own? First time? Whoo...that IS big. In that case I'll stop complaining about my own piddly stress for a few minutes to send out some postive Turkey Day vibes to you...may your bird be juicy, your dressing flavorful, and your side dishes tasty!
First of all, I didn't realize Thanksgiving was THIS week until LAST Thursday. Great. It's awfully early this year, isn't it? I'm actually relieved about Thanksgiving this year because my family -- just the kids, my husband and I -- will be doing Thanksgiving alone. Every one else in the family is either going out of town or has to go to work on Friday so they can't come to visit. It's going to be a nice day without a lot of hassle. Yea!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/22/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service