To a new blogger, the biggest challenge is getting traffic. What things have you done that have been helpful in getting traffic to your site? For me, giveaways have worked wonders!

Tags: baby, blog, blogger, giveaways, kid, mom, product, reviews, tips, toddler, More…traffic

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes, giveaways have done well for me too. And Entrecard is pretty fantastic as well. The other super important thing is networking in places like this - I've met some awesome bloggers here and I love reading their blogs....I'm hoping some of them are reading mine :)

Heather of
Maternal Spark dot com
I'd have to say giveaways are a given and also going around and commenting on other people's blogs! They return the favor and then of course people see your comments!
I always agree, go and comment on lots of blogs. I know I always try and get to the sites of all my commenters to return the favor.
On my first blog, Mommy Gets Dressed, I got the most traffic when some other established bloggers whose sites I admired and commented on added my sites to their blogrolls. I'm now trying to figure out how to make connections for my new blog, Mommy's Favorite Children's Books. I want to work on developing more content, but at the same time, I'm eager to start sharing what I have with people. I've been surfing around to various parenting and kidlitosphere blogs and part of why I joined here at Mom Bloggers Club was to explore this whole social networking thing. :) There's a lot to learn!
I'm a huge fan of Darren from problogger and he talks about commenting all the time. Biggest problem? When I start searching out and reading sites I loose track of time (naptime is blogtime) and the next this I know I got NOTHING accomplished! I joined Entrecard today and that seems promising...
Giveaways are great....but I think that people pop in and out and don't always spend a lot of time reading your other content.

Like it's been said, commenting works. Joining forums for blogger such as MBC, Entrecard, Cre8Buzz, and 5 minutes for mom are great for putting your name out there.
Good tips! I'm new and clueless!
for me just using entrecard and join meme. I never join giveaways or start giveaways :D
I can SO relate to this Cecelia! I have the same problem. I try to get things done at naptime but it's gone before I know it!

Cecelia said:
I'm a huge fan of Darren from problogger and he talks about commenting all the time. Biggest problem? When I start searching out and reading sites I loose track of time (naptime is blogtime) and the next this I know I got NOTHING accomplished! I joined Entrecard today and that seems promising...
Search Engines are my biggest traffic drivers. So making sure your blog is search engine friendly - a good first step. Second are social networks such as this and third is direct traffic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/22/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service