How Do You Handle Contestants Who Don't Follow The Rules Listed In Your Giveaway?

I'm hosting my first giveaway and, have many contestants who are not following the requirements that I have listed in order to win. Many are just leaving comments like, "Great giveaway!" or "I hope I win!" Should I include these contestants when I plug the numbers into random.org? I feel like it's not fair to the contestants who really did follow the rules and, visited the sponsor like they were supposed to!

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think including people who don't follow the rules makes the odds unfair to those of us who do. I also have OCD. Seriously.

So is it the OCD or am I thinking correctly?
It's no the OCD! LOL I feel the same way but, I'm new to this and wanted to get feedback from others. If the directions are clear enough that some people have followed them, then it is not fair to include those who don't!
I thought about that when I did my last contest because it was a biggie. If the person selected didn't follow the rules I went for the next random integer. It only takes a minute if you really care to win.
Exactly...when you get only 20-50 entries, it's not that bad but when you get 1300 like I did in my last contest, it's just easier to generate, see if they are valid, if not...generate another number.

Jen said:
I thought about that when I did my last contest because it was a biggie. If the person selected didn't follow the rules I went for the next random integer. It only takes a minute if you really care to win.
I have done give-a-ways in the past and I have to say if you don't follow the rules I don't include you, fair is fair. Being asked to do something simple as adding a few words to your blog or adding an e-mail addy in your message if you don't have a blog is not too much to ask. I have added links etc... really if that is all you are asked it is not a lot of work in hopes of getting a great something. I have to say I always follow what the giver asks of us. I think that is only fair and what other way can we promote ourselves after all that is one of the reason for give-a-ways anyway. So Kenyatta please let me know if I need to do something else to be able to participate in the give-a-way.
The Mind of a Mom
http://meonlydifferent.blogspot.com

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service