it seems like every time we host a holiday at our home someone (usually my MIL) gets mad about something and things get weird. she is very high maintenance. and must be the center of attention. i worry about it the entire time she is here! lucky for me my husband is very supportive and we helps me out!

BUT this year, i plan on relaxing and not sweating it! i am simply going to enjoy cooking an amazing meal. i also plan on having some good wine on hand to dull the pain! =) it's so much better than stressing out and not enjoying the day.

can anyone relate to this? i

Tags: Family, Relatives, Tradition

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Holidays can be a stressful time. It is one of the busiest times for the Emergency Room.
All your relatives in 1 room + alcohol + unresolved issues + sharp knives = Recipe for Disaster!!!

Drama needs fuel to keep it going! Observe from a distance, avoid getting drawn in. A little wine is o.k. Also a good sense of humor is really helpful. Look on the bright side, if there is drama, it gives you something to blog about!!!

Maybe we could have a contest for the most "Drama filled Holiday Dinner"!!!!!
don't worry about me, no over drinking will be done by me. i despise hangovers and really rather enjoy savoring the wine rather than getting sloppy.

it's nice to take the edge off of a stressful sitch. i never respond to the drama. i always take the high road because i think that most of the drama is unfounded and ridiculous anyway. then i don't feel bad for saying or doing something i'll regret.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Know that you are not alone, most of us have experienced Holiday Drama. The longer you are married, the easier it gets!

p.s. You inspired my latest blog entry! : }
I can relate. My dad is one of those crazy-makers.

I started envisioning a brick wall around me before I see him. It helps. The comments don't get through so much with my "wall" up.

Thankfully, we are not spending this holiday with him.
brick wall! great idea!
Hello over here!!!! Me Me me....are you in my mind? I can so relate!!(MIL) Of course I don't have the wine to numb the pain though, I don't drink. At times I wish I did though. I've tried the whole no stress, and believe me it doesn't work! Just grin and bare it and it will eventually come to an end.
so when i posted this, i was hoping very very very hard that there would be no drama this time. i got all the right food that my mil likes, everything. i included her and was very nice as was everyone else at our thanksgiving dinner. she still had a littl episode where she felt like she wasn't getting enough attention and ended up leaving at 6am and didn't even say goodbye to us or our girls. it was very sad. i really think that she is insane. clinically. seriously. at least my husband is the best and knows that she is nuts. he supports me fully too. love him!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service