With another football season soon to be upon us, here's a column I wrote last year about another "F word" that my teenagers seem to find repulsive...:) Jackie Papandrew, www.jackiepapandrew.com

Football season is finally, blessedly, over. (Please insert mental picture here of me, grinning ear-to-ear, clicking my heels and wriggling all over with delight the way my dog did the day she scored five hot dogs from the plates of five careless kids at a picnic.)

With some semblance of sanity sure to return to our weekends, I am once again trying to enforce in my house a no-screens rule for Sunday afternoons: no TV, no computer, no video games, no hand-held whatchamacallits of any kind.

It is Family Time, I announce grandly to my children on our first football-free Sunday. I say the word in a honeyed, reverent tone to convey its importance: Family with a capital F; Family as the bedrock of society. It is a time for us to bond with one another, to cast aside the technological gadgetry that tends to separate us and look deeply into each other’s eyes.

The ingrates I brought into this world respond with great groaning and lamentation. There’s even some weeping and considerable gnashing of teeth.

"Oh, no!" they cry out. "Mom is using the F word again..." READ MORE HERE

Tags: family, funny, humor, life, parenting, teenagers, time

Views: 0

Attachments:

Reply to This

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service