With another football season soon to be upon us, here's a column I wrote last year about another "F word" that my teenagers seem to find repulsive...:) Jackie Papandrew, www.jackiepapandrew.com

Football season is finally, blessedly, over. (Please insert mental picture here of me, grinning ear-to-ear, clicking my heels and wriggling all over with delight the way my dog did the day she scored five hot dogs from the plates of five careless kids at a picnic.)

With some semblance of sanity sure to return to our weekends, I am once again trying to enforce in my house a no-screens rule for Sunday afternoons: no TV, no computer, no video games, no hand-held whatchamacallits of any kind.

It is Family Time, I announce grandly to my children on our first football-free Sunday. I say the word in a honeyed, reverent tone to convey its importance: Family with a capital F; Family as the bedrock of society. It is a time for us to bond with one another, to cast aside the technological gadgetry that tends to separate us and look deeply into each other’s eyes.

The ingrates I brought into this world respond with great groaning and lamentation. There’s even some weeping and considerable gnashing of teeth.

"Oh, no!" they cry out. "Mom is using the F word again..." READ MORE HERE

Tags: family, funny, humor, life, parenting, teenagers, time

Views: 0

Attachments:

Reply to This

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service