Widgets, HTML, RSS, Feeds, Badges, ETC - Do You Speak BLOGGER?

I have been blogging for 2 months? - give or take.

I find it extremely confusing to learn everything!

With regard to any special features on blogs like Tag Clouds, Widgets for Recent Comments, or anything of the sort...did you figure it out all on your own? Or get someone to help you?

What places did you find the most useful?

What are your recommendations to newbie bloggers?

AND - how long did it take YOU to learn how to speak BLOGGER...it's a new language, I swear!

Tags: badges, blogger, blogging, clouds, feeds, html, mom, rss, tag, widgets

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It comes with using the widgets and being a blogger. There are many sites that will give you tips and help you to understand things. I have learned the majority on my own. Also if someone knows something that you need to know then email them. I guarantee they will send you a link or an explanation. Hang in there - it's only been 2 months. :)
Thanks Pam for the ray of hope! I spent all day today trying to figure out tag clouds, and thos little button thingys at the bottom of comments...I still have neither lol!
Maybe tomorrow - or next week, month!?
Pamela Kramer said:
It comes with using the widgets and being a blogger. There are many sites that will give you tips and help you to understand things. I have learned the majority on my own. Also if someone knows something that you need to know then email them. I guarantee they will send you a link or an explanation. Hang in there - it's only been 2 months. :)
I absolutely recommend www.bloggerbuster.com for ALL your blogger needs. Amanda is awesome and has MANY tutorials for adding stuff.
I have to say...that I feel like a Blogging QUEEN!!!

I finally mastered a "Tag Cloud"...and I did it all by my little ol' self.

Here's how in case anyone - who's NOT tech savvy wants to know.

How To Make Your Own TAG CLOUD If You're Techie Impaired - 12 Steps!

1) Using Blogger, go to Create a Post
2) Enter in the words you want in your tag cloud

Ex. Sex Life breastfeeding Sexy confidence News Daddy Romance men & women Motherhood sleeping Sexiness Relationships Giving Birth Fun Sexy Tips masterbation Sex cop a feel Sex Jokes Sex Diaries Breasts Fetishes SAHM Mommy Love babies Marriage raising kids Lingerie Sex Toys self-image

3) Change the sizes of certain words to make that words you want to stand out
4) Open another window, and go to your blog
5) Back to the post you're creating....Highlight one word at a time, and click on the Link button (looks like a world with a chain link on it)
6) Click on the post in the sidebar of your blog that you want to link to (in that other window that you had opened up.) Once it goes to that post, copy the URL (web address) of that certain post (it's in your address bar at the top of the screen.)
7) Back to the post you're creating....paste the address in the link box
8) Save as a Draft once done.
9) There are two tabs at the top of the post that you're creating. Click over to the one that says HTML, and copy the text.
Go to Layout.
10) Add Gadget.
11) Pick HTML
12) Paste the HTML of your post that you just copied

I hope that someone finds this useful.

I spent 2 days straight almost trying out tag cloud generators, and they were awful - no offense.

Good luck to anyone having trouble.

Oh, and please check out my tag cloud if you have a sec... http://sexdiariesofamom.blogspot.com

Thanks ladies!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service