Over the weekend I earned another badge for my motherhood sash. The one for dealing with projectile vomiting. My youngest created a record toxic mess that took out 3 couch cushions, 2 throw pillows, a white knit blanket, my pajamas, his pjs, and a bathmat. He also left some tiny patches in a trail to the bathroom. It took several hours to clean up.

He is the second child in our family to get a "stomach bug" this month. My middle child missed a week of school and ended up on antibiotics for a secondary lung infection. My husband swears that this is not the "flu"!

I mean, it couldn't be. After all he took all three boys to get their flu shots.

I never get flu shots because I've been told there is at best a 50% chance they get the right virus. I am waiting to see if my oldest gets sick over the next few weeks.

There is a big push in television ads, grocery stores and drug stores to get a flu shot. I'm not convinced these shots are effective.

What do you think? Are you having your children vaccinated?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to admit...I've never had a flu shot in my life and I've never had the kids vaccinated against the flu either. I thought this year might be the year I give in-- with all the talk about superbugs and epidemics and such--but I still haven't done it. If The Boy (yes, I refer to my son by his gender sometimes) were a bit younger, I might consider doing it right away, but he's almost 5 and my daughter is 13. If I don't give in soon, this may be another flu-shot slacker season for me.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your kids getting sick. That stomach bug has been going around here, too. Your little one's hurl-fest definitely broke some records. One couch cushion I've seen...but THREE....that's almost biblical!
Nope. Last year I got a shot for the first time in ages and eventually developed bursitis in the shoulder I got the shot in. Went through two weeks of PT, a cortisone shot (which hurt like the Dickens!), and still have problems with the shoulder. The flu... pshaw! I almost didn't survive the shot!
Please get a flu shot!! I was a non-believer as well, or at the very least wishy-washy, but a very healthy fire-fighter died of the flu bug - or complications of the flu last winter in our neighborhood. His widow is campaigning to make every policeman, firefighter, etc. get vaccinated. Her doctor said his death was totally preventable if he had had his shot.

I don't know that exact number, but thousands of healthy, normal people die of the flu or complications lfrom it - like a compromised immune system every year. They've gotten really good at predicting the virus and last year they were spot on.

I think there is more awareness now and that's why you see the ads for the shot. They are making more doses as well.

Go get one!

We had a "flu shot party" this year. Check out my blog on here to see the post.

Take care,
Amanda

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/20/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service