Do you reply to all of your comments, some of your comment or none of your comments? I am of the mindset that it would be rude NOT to reply, but feel like if someone's just saying "cute kid," they probably don't expect a reply.
Which brings us to my second thought, do you reply by email or in the comment section of your blog?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I try to reply to everyone but I do it on my blog within said post. I also go to their site and see if they have a topic I could jump in on and when I leave a post I tell them thanks for stopping by my blog :-)
I go to THEIR blog and comment. If someone took time out of their busy life to come by my page and visit, I want to do the same. :)

By the way -- GREAT post today!
I email the person if they're enabled...and try to get back to some each week.
It all depends like you say on the comment itself and also if it's a new commenter or a regular.
I try to make a comment back on their blog. I feel like if they took the time to comment on my blog it is nice to do the same back. I am sure I miss some, but do my best. I don't usually go back to their blog to see if they commented w/ in their blog. I think everyone does things a bit differently.
I respond to comments in my own comment section but I always check out the blogs of my commenters and leave them a comment on theirs.
I reply to all my comments on their blog page. I also feel that if someone has taken the time to visit my blog that I should do the same. :)
I try to visit their blog and leave a comment :)
I am not sure about this one yet? Do people go back and read if you have replied? Which implies maybe emailing a reply is better?

I sort of do a mix of both at the moment!
Laurakim said:
I am not sure about this one yet? Do people go back and read if you have replied? Which implies maybe emailing a reply is better?

I sort of do a mix of both at the moment!

On blogger there is a box that your commenter can click to have responses emailed to them. I always click that box on others blogs so I can continue to follow the discussion and read the author's responses.
I usually go back to their page and see if there's something I can comment on. Unless, they ask me a question or something that I should respond to.

When I have time, I try to go back to their blogs and leave them a comment. The few occasions where I actually emailed them to respond to a comment, I think I scared them off! They didn't reply and I don't think they ever left another comment!

Maybe it freaked them out, for me to email them?

Andrea
The Creative Junkie
http://www.thecreativejunkie.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/26/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service