Do you reply to all of your comments, some of your comment or none of your comments? I am of the mindset that it would be rude NOT to reply, but feel like if someone's just saying "cute kid," they probably don't expect a reply.
Which brings us to my second thought, do you reply by email or in the comment section of your blog?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was about to post this same question, when I came across your post :). I usually go visit their blog and leave a comment for them. Every now and then I respond in my own blog but I don't know if people come back to read or not, or if they check the option to track responses. A couple of times I have emailed people back but it took me a while to realize I could do that and then I found that a lot of people used generic "no-reply" blogger email addresses so I couldn't email them back. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but for a while there I also didn't realize that some profiles have a link at the left for "my web page" so if I didn't see any blogs listed at the bottom of their profile I didn't where to go to visit them. Now I know to check at the left too :).
I will visit their blog or email back- I try to do it- but some days are easier then others!
I email them if is a specific question. If several people ask the same question I'll respond in my next post.

Otherwise I visit their blog and leave a comment
It's so great to see what everybody's commenting preferences are! I have to say, I checked the box on a blog recently to have the follow-up comments emailed to me. I wound up with a dozen emails or more! I decided I wasn't going to do that ever again. I'd get excited that I had an email, and then see that it was just a comment from that blog. I was bummed!
I always reply to people who leave comments. Either on my own blog or on theirs.

Some of my frequent visitors do come back to my blog and check to see if I replied to them, they generally get email notices of topics they are interested in so they can follow.
I try to reply back as a comment on one of their posts, also, or e-mail if they don't have a blog. If all else fails, I'll comment on my own blog. I don't have a lot of traffic on my blog, though! ;)
I usually comment in the comment section of my blog. I try to always comment back.
I have an autoresponder that sends an email when someone comments, but I try to respond to just about every comment in the comment section of my blog. But if a person has asked a specific question and clearly expects and answer, I try to follow up my comment response with an email as well.
I will try and reply via email if their email is enabled. If not, I will respond on my blog if it's a question. Most times I try and visit the blogs and give comments as well.
i really should start replying! i feel like a jerk for not replying but i'm lucky to have enough time to post what i do. maybe i will make the time...
Well, I try to visit their page and leave a comment on one of their posts, but I have to admit that I haven't been very good about it. I need to make more of an effort, but it's hard because of time constraints!
If I can reply by e-mail I do. I don't reply in my own comments. I do try to go to every blog that commented on mine and comment on their posts...

Toni

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service