I'm interested to know how you are measuring traffic and doing analytics and all that good stuff with your blogs. As a newer blogger, I signed up for StatCounter because I saw one of their buttons on another blog I read, and I think it works pretty well. In particular, I love the world map that shows where people are coming from -- it's too cool!

With my new blog, I have also started to sign up for Technorati (OK, not stats), and I think FeedBlitz or is it Burner?, which links into Google analytics too, I think. I haven't spent that much time trying to figure it out, and I'm mostly sticking to checking StatCounter every now and then.

So anyway, what kinds of stat tools do you use and how do you use them? What do you think are the most useful features or the most important information? What tips can you share with us newbies?

Thanks so much!
Karen
My children's books blog

Tags: analytics, measurement, statcounter, stats, tracking

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've used sitemeter since I started blogging a year ago and I really like it. It offers a widget that you can display on your desktop so you don't have to log into anything to check for hits.
I love my statcounter,and my favorite feature is the Recent Came From page, so I can see where people link to me from. I also use it to visit their pages in return.

It is the most useful tool I use, and of course there is technorati, but I don't use that for stats, and I use feedburner purely to track my feeds.
I was using my basic wordpress stats but I wasn't too happy with the limited information it provided and I hated that it would start a whole new day of tracking at 8:00 pm!

I just recently started using Statcounter and I really like it ... seems very user friendly and I love all the information it provides. Love the graphs!

I also have Google Analytics but it's like a foreign language to me ... I find it very difficult to use.

Andrea
The Creative Junkie
http://www.thecreativejunkie.com
I use sitemeter for normal stats; I really like the information breakdown.

For tracking feeds, I'm using Feedburner . . . I have a love/hate relationship with it.
I need to get on the bandwagon of this one, too. I've got feedburner, which is fine. I kind of wish I could see WHO is getting my feeds, not just how many, but I'm not sure anybody does that. Right now I just get my stats from the stats page of typepad, but I'm sure I'll download something once I see what all the replies are to this discussion!
I just use the AWSTATS in my cpanel.
Great info but can you provide links for the tools you're using please? Also are the tools compatible for Wordpress, Blogger,etc?

I didn't know you could get stats from Feedburner. Do you mean who signs up for your feeds? If so mine must be totally off because they don't match my Firestats which shows my feed subscribers on my blog.

Thanks so much in advance.
I use Feedjit, Another one who's name I can't think of and google analytics but to be honest, i use it mostly to track how often my stalkers come to the pages. That way if i ever have to do anything about them legally i'll have all the evidence I need. I'm sure eventually i'll use them for more than that, but the fact is that some of that crap i just don't understand. So i stick with the IP tracking and the # of hits.
I use feedburner and feedjit and statcounter. Is that overkill? LOL!
Google Analytics is awesome!!
i also use a bunch...google, statcounter, get clicky...
I guess I'll ask again. Can you help me out with info on what you're using to track your stats please? How do you use Feedburner to get stats? I'm totally missing the boat on that one?

Thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service