Does your community have a Freecycle organization? Have you used it? This is an awesome organization. It is an online community with one goal; pass it along to someone who could use it so that you don’t throw it away. The goal is to keep perfectly good things out of the land fills. I have seen people give away furniture, TV's, clothes and so much more. The everything is free and a great way to help save planet earth.

Get more details from:
http://kidapproved.blogspot.com/

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Freecycle is a great thing (although, if you live in a large area- you can get a few too many emails). I use them and my SIL does too. She got some free exercise equipment.

I have blogged about it on my site before- it's a pretty cool idea.

Anther great source for this kind of thing (but baby and kid related) is http://freepeats.org/ . Until the 20th they are doing free membership.

jenetta
Yes Yes Yes. I freecycle all the time! Both offering and receiving. I just got a trumpet yesterday! All the kids are sooo excited!
I had not heard of Freepeats. I will have to check that one out especially since I have a two young ones. Thanks!

Frugal Freebies and Deals said:
Freecycle is a great thing (although, if you live in a large area- you can get a few too many emails). I use them and my SIL does too. She got some free exercise equipment.

I have blogged about it on my site before- it's a pretty cool idea.

Anther great source for this kind of thing (but baby and kid related) is http://freepeats.org/ . Until the 20th they are doing free membership.

jenetta
You are welcome :)

-j
I adore Freecycle! I actually belong to the one in my town AND the groups in the surrounding towns. I've been able to give away a lot of my unneeded items, and I have received coupons, baby clothes, a bread machine, a stroller, and yard toys from other freecyclers. It's a great way to connect with other like-minded folks too, I've made a few friends that I wouldn't have met otherwise!
I love freecycle! I've picked up some great items and I love that I can get rid of things to people who are looking for them instead of just dropping them off somewhere!
My girlfriend just told me about this great organization in our area. She's used it several times & swears by it. I have yet to try it - but I will!
I LOVE freecycle! I actually belong to 2 of them, as they overlap the area we live in. We have been able to pass on many things that we no longer need, and have gotten some great things as well!

It's wonderful to know that they are going to someone who actually WANTS them, rather than just to goodwill where they may be tossed or into the trash...
I love Freecycle. It helped me clean out my basement AND my garage and not feel bad about throwing stuff out. There is always somebody who needs or wants those things! Plus I got tons of fantastic perennials this spring from other freecyclers.
Absolutely! I have used it but wasn't pleased with my "goods." I still remain a member and they post wonderful stuff - you just have to be quick on the response time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service