Okay so I am going to get my blog organized. I like the idea of doing Fab Finds on Friday and highlighting different unique crafters and boutiques. I also see that lots of people do Wordless Wednesdays. What are some other ideas for setting up your blog and coming up with posts?

Help me make a list ladies!!

Tags: about, blog, ideas, posts, to, what

Views: 3

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I do Wild Wednesday which, as far as I know i'm the only one who does it. I highlight one animal per week and give 10 facts about them. I love it and the results have been okay. It's certainly different and I find I actually learn alot about animals that i didn't know before.
I do Thursday Thirteen, just a list of 13 things, whatever i want it to be, lots of people do that one and it's fun to see what everyone comes up with.
I also highlight a blog every monday.....well almost lol, but i choose one i find to be useful in some way and updated often enough to retain interest. Just my way of saying " What an awesome Blog!"
thanks nessa. love the idea of highlighting a blog each week!

keep the ideas coming!
Something fun that people used to do once in awhile around the Blogosphere was the whole "day in the life" thing. Take your camera with you all day and take pictures as you go, and then post them the next day. I was just thinking yesterday that it'd be fun to do this again. Here's a post of mine from about a year ago when I did that.
I do something similar to this -- PhotoStory Fridays. It's fun and brings a lot of people by!

Laura said:
Something fun that people used to do once in awhile around the Blogosphere was the whole "day in the life" thing. Take your camera with you all day and take pictures as you go, and then post them the next day. I was just thinking yesterday that it'd be fun to do this again. Here's a post of mine from about a year ago when I did that.
I loved the day in the life thing too fun.
I just started my 'Freakout Fridays' column in which i find something fun, interesting, or newsworthy to 'freak out' about each week. I like the idea of picking a day of the week to focus on a particular topic. I also participate in Wordless Wednesday & Tackle it Tuesday over on 5minutesformom.com.
what is tackle it tuesday?

Elizabeth said:
I just started my 'Freakout Fridays' column in which i find something fun, interesting, or newsworthy to 'freak out' about each week. I like the idea of picking a day of the week to focus on a particular topic. I also participate in Wordless Wednesday & Tackle it Tuesday over on 5minutesformom.com.
On The Logical Parent I find a quote on a relevant subject (parenting). I post the quote and then give my reaction to it and ask for the reactions of others.

For example:
“There comes a time when a woman needs to stop thinking about her looks and focus her energies on raising her children. This time comes at the moment of conception. A child needs a role model, not a supermodel.” ~Astrid Alauda, on the “hot mom” trend

Something like that is sure to get the creative juices flowing.
One of my favorites is Weekly Winners on Sundays
The ideas are great. Thanks so much!
Let's keep 'em coming!!
Like Stacey, I love Weekly Winners that Lotus at Sarcastic Mom started. Best pics of the week, every week you post them on Sunday.

I do A Thousand Words Thursday....you can read about that at my blog if you'd like.

Also I do a few monthly posts consistently, one writing all the cute words my daughter says at age 2.5 and their translations.....oh and checking the silly keywords on Google that link to my blog!
I can't seem to stick to any routine of doing specific things on specific days. I have done several in the past but none of them consistently. These included Motivational Mondays, Menu Plan Monday, Wordless Wednesdays, Tackle it Tuesdays, Thursday Thirteen, and a Weekend Recap. That's it I guess, I like to blog whatever is on my mind and not stick to a schedule.

RSS

DID YOU KNOW?

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service