Hey ladies, I was wondering about how much traffic you all get and how long it took for you to get good, consistent traffic. Could you please post here how many hits you get (on average) a day, how long you have had your blog up and running and what kind of marketing and SEO you do.

I have had my blog up for about a month and I am getting about 200 visitors a day, between 2-300 hits a day. I think that's pretty good for a start, but I would like to compare to others and see how I am doing and what else I can do to get more traffic!

I currently have joined Twitter, entrecard, adoptic, blogcatalog, zimbio, blogher, work it mom, type a mom and have listed in tons of directories. I haven't done any SEO and that is one thing I am interested in learning about.

Can't wait to hear what you ladies have to say! Thanks!

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow...I feel like I need to get to work! That's awesome for a month...
Thanks for all the feedback ladies!

I am glad to hear that I am doing OK. I am staying pretty consistently between 2 and 300 (unique visits), but I went over 300 a couple of weeks ago, which was really exciting! However, I want to know how to get that number to keep going up; it seems like I have stayed in one place for a while.

Anyway, any more ideas, tips or tricks to increase traffic are greatly appreciated! Thanks again!
My stats pale in comparison! I've had my blog for almost a year and really become serious about it just 6 months ago. I have a party when I get 20 unique visitors! LOL! I have just begun to start marketing my blog, but as it's been said it takes time, a lot of time that I don't have much of with 3 kids!

Congrats on 200 per day! That sounds fabulous to me.
I have been blooging since April. I dont get very good traffic. Mainly is from Singapore. I only join Mombloggers haha....not very hardworking in promoting my blog. But I like to write my happy and funny moments with my kids, friends and just started to include recipes that I like.

I do not know what is Twitter, entrecard, adoptic, blogcataglog, etc etc......I have registered Twitter but dont know what is it about. Haha.a......am I stupid or am I lazy ? Haha.....

Take care dear friends and enjoy your weekend.

http://verytikibaby.blogspot.com

(See,,,,I'm not lazy....I'm putting my link now....haha....Thanks in advance for visiting when you are free....kekeke....)
I have been blogging for 9 months and have around 14k visitors, though at one point I accidentally deleted my page counter, so its really a few thousand more than that probably.
I get about 80 visitors a day on average. I really need to do more marketing...any suggestions, people???
I do a lot of dropping on entrecard so I think that brings me a lot of visitors. Really, I have heard that the traffic comes when you have good content because people continue to come back for more. I have been trying to post every day and really make sure it is a quality post as much as possible. I also have joined all the social networks I could and a lot of my friends on MySpace visit my blog too. I did some SEO and added metatags to my blog's header so that might be helping. I don't get a ton of google searches but I get a bunch every day. I also comment on as many blogs as I can every day and have traded links a lot. The more backlinks you have, the better.

I think it is just a lot of blood, sweat and tears on my part!
I've done several coupon giveaways and such that has helped increase my traffic. I've been blogging since May 2008, I have been averaging 550 unique visitors a day, around 900 page loads/day. I really didn't think it was that good but maybe it is???

I don't social network day and night but I do when I have a chance. I'm a member of all the social networking places but I'm really kind of slack about all of them. LOL! I try to participate in several Mr. Linky's (Meal Plan Monday, CVS & Walgreen Show & Tells, etc.) They all correspond with my blog theme.

Entrecard has helped too. Find a ad exchange network. Maybe work out some blog button exchanges with people.
I have no idea! LOL I have been lagging with the outlets that help with getting traffic! I belong to so many different blogging communities and I haven't gone to the sites in a week. I haven't checked in on here in a long time either. My blog traffic is probably suffering because of how busy I have gotten lately!
Okay, I just took part in some discussions on TwitterMom's about this. It was suggested that everyone who is a member of Stumbleupon and Technorati list their screen names and or websites so we can all add each other as friends and give each other's sites love. If you're not familiar with these sites, message me and I'll explain. I'm cool-mom-guide at Stumbleupon if anyone wants to friends me and with technorati, I've just been going to my friends websites and favoriting the site. I figure everyone is so supportive and we all want the hits. From what I've been told, those are the 2 big sites that will draw traffic, but you have to get a boost from friends since you can't rate yourself :)
That's a great idea. I'm not getting a lot of traffic and would really like to increase it. BTW, what's SEO? I'm so new at this - teaching myself as I go. And I'm learning a lot from all of you! My StumbleUpon and Technorati usernames are lostinlit.

Julie maloney said:
Okay, I just took part in some discussions on TwitterMom's about this. It was suggested that everyone who is a member of Stumbleupon and Technorati list their screen names and or websites so we can all add each other as friends and give each other's sites love. If you're not familiar with these sites, message me and I'll explain. I'm cool-mom-guide at Stumbleupon if anyone wants to friends me and with technorati, I've just been going to my friends websites and favoriting the site. I figure everyone is so supportive and we all want the hits. From what I've been told, those are the 2 big sites that will draw traffic, but you have to get a boost from friends since you can't rate yourself :)
hi, out of all who replied here, my blog has the worst traffic LOL. i started blogging only in may. i dont have much time really for SEO and stuff because im busy with writing jobs and taking care of my son at home as well. but one thing i can say is that when i post an entry in my blog, i try to write as creatively as possible to draw interest from my readers.

but im planning to post regularly now, since i also tried to join paid blogging...

with all the things you shared here, im craving to have the time to do it as well.

http://theleavesoftarkong.blogspot.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service