In March 2007 we became a one income family. I quit my job to come home and be with the kids and to pursue my ministry full time (I have a ministry to girls and their moms, Beauty by Design Ministries) I do make money with it sometimes when I go speak and I also do some writing online as well to make money but it really isn't a steady income. I wondered how many of you are one income families and if so how you make it? I just sometimes get discouraged with our finances.

Tags: at, family, home, income, mom, stay, two, work

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I became a stay-at-home mom after our twins were born a year ago (I also have a 3-year-old). It's tough, but I primarily view my new "job" (outside of taking care of the kids) as being a "home economist." It's my job to stretch the budget as much as I can. That said, I'm making a tiiiiiiny bit of money from my blog, and I'm doing a little bit of bookkeeping for a friend, so that helps.

The key is to really track every penny... that's a huge eye opener on what things you can scale back on. I don't view the one-income lifestyle as deprivation... I view it as a beautiful opportunity to raise my kids to be awesome adults! No one can raise your kids better than you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service