In March 2007 we became a one income family. I quit my job to come home and be with the kids and to pursue my ministry full time (I have a ministry to girls and their moms, Beauty by Design Ministries) I do make money with it sometimes when I go speak and I also do some writing online as well to make money but it really isn't a steady income. I wondered how many of you are one income families and if so how you make it? I just sometimes get discouraged with our finances.

Tags: at, family, home, income, mom, stay, two, work

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I became a stay-at-home mom after our twins were born a year ago (I also have a 3-year-old). It's tough, but I primarily view my new "job" (outside of taking care of the kids) as being a "home economist." It's my job to stretch the budget as much as I can. That said, I'm making a tiiiiiiny bit of money from my blog, and I'm doing a little bit of bookkeeping for a friend, so that helps.

The key is to really track every penny... that's a huge eye opener on what things you can scale back on. I don't view the one-income lifestyle as deprivation... I view it as a beautiful opportunity to raise my kids to be awesome adults! No one can raise your kids better than you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service