Do you try to keep your blog geared to a specific topic or theme?
Or do you just blog about whatever is on your mind that day?

I don't have any set criteria for my blog posts, but usually blog about parenting my 5 rough and dirty young folk on our family farm , good old stick to yer ribs country cooking, & getting back to a simpler, more self sufficient way of life.

what about you?

Tags: blogging, themes, toipcs

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have two niche blogs and a third I'm planning is also a niche blog -- although, I do like to wander a little.... I'm writing about toys and games on my children's books blog, and I'm also going to write about wanting to go tv-free, and some parenting books I like..... so within the category, it's a little grab bag, and I think having some variety will keep me interested.

http://favoritechildrensbooks.blogspot.com/
My life is too crazy to stick to one theme. So, I'm all over the place with topics. It just depends on what is happening on each day and sometimes minute by minute.
my blog is like my life - random, stream of consciousness, mayhem! Happy chaos!
How about a blog that's a grab-bag within a niche? That's how I look at mine. It was created as a marketing tool so I try to stay within those boundaries, but I do give a bit of the personal.
I blog primarily about parenting topics, including child development, recalls and product ... parents/moms would be interested in for themselves or their children/families. I also add a little personal post here and there so readers can get to know me a little.

Stop by and say hi, my comment system wasn't working but I think it is now....let me know. ☺
Grab bag! I just wrote a post about this, but it's not on my blog yet.
My blog is definitely niche! It's about my fiber arts projects: quilting, knitting, sewing, etc. I've decided not to keep all "mom" or family stories out of it--I wrote a short blog post about some funny things my son said, and blogged about our recent trips to Seattle and Chicago to visit family. But those posts are intended only to provide some amusement or stories of interest to my regular visits, who are there to read about the fiber arts stuff.
I think it's easier to be passionate about a blog when you blog about your life. I don't know about yours, but mine isn't JUST about kids, or my husband or my art. It's about all of it.
My blog is definitely in a very specific niche: eco-friendly home decorating. Hence the name, Green Your Decor :)
My blog is very, very random. Whatever is going on any particular day. Sometimes the kids, sometimes school, sometimes Rick Springfield. :-) whatever comes to mind.
i think i'm trying to find my niche. i'm new at this so we'll see where it goes!
I thought I was starting off with a focus but quickly discovered I blog about what ever..... www.juggling-mama.blogspot.com. I do tend to keep it focused on my family and the crazy life that we live.
I did however start a second blog www.kidapproved.blogspot.com that does have more focus. I don't blog on it is regularly but I am trying to keep it focused on arts & crafts, meals & snacks, organizing and other things to make things simpler for moms and fun for the kids.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service