Advertisement

FOLLOW US

OUR BLOG

Best Blinds for Families

Keeping a neat, tidy, and beautiful home can be a challenge when you have kids, but it can be done. You just have to be smart about how you decorate.

For example, leather furniture is much easier to clean than suede, and…

Eating After a Lip Lift

A lip lift is an operation that modifies the appearance of the lips to a more appealing one. It reshapes them to enhance the facial area above the lips. Most people who undergo this procedure usually have an elongated gap between their noses and lips and want to make the…

Latest Activity

Profile IconDana Truitt, Marissa Jordan, SHAKIEMA HARRIS and 2 more joined Mom Bloggers Club
4 hours ago
Mom Bloggers Club posted blog posts
4 hours ago
Jessica Briggs posted blog posts
8 hours ago
Ivana Poku commented on Linda Gries's blog post 'How to stay safe during your plastic surgery procedure'
13 hours ago
Ivana Poku posted a blog post
13 hours ago
Susan Keefe posted a blog post
13 hours ago
Kate Duffell posted a blog post
14 hours ago
Kate Duffell posted a status
"Safety in routines One of the common traits of Asperger’s is a need for routines and knowing what’s happening next.  Like any traits of Aut"
14 hours ago

OUR DAILY PINS

Advertisements

Every year my family falls short of giving me a thoughtful present. It hurts my feelings about how little time they spend on my gift while I devote time, energy and money on theirs. I'm not asking for anything expensive. Does anyone else have this problem?

Elizabeth at A Wild Ride.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Holiday gift season used to cause me much anxiety. I would feel bad if the gift I gave was not as nice as the one I received. Conversely it also would bother me if I spent considerable more time and money than the other person. I also felt guilty if someone unexpectedly brought me a present and I had nothing for them. I ended up creating a " gift drawer" of items I would find, usually on sale throughout the year. When a friend showed up with an unexpected gift, I was prepared. This works well for birthdays too.

As far as my family goes, we give each other a few "suggestions" to help make the job easier. Pajamas, books and gift cards are perfect for my kids. Only child-free adults get gifts. My husband and I will buy a joint gift for ourselves. One year it was matching recliners; another new cell phones.

I don't need much and sometimes too many random, odd, gifts bother me. It is wasteful and I rather not get anything. If feelings are getting hurt, it may be time to stop exchanging gifts. Perhaps split the cost of an evening out.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service