I've met so many wonderful women since starting my blog this year. My life has changed immensely. I recently wrote a post about it for my blog, which got me to thinking that I'd like to hear the stories of other mom bloggers. If you'd like to share your story about the changes blogging has brought to your life, particularly if you feel you or your life has changed dramatically, please let me know. I want to start a weekly feature on my blog with the personal interviews of other mom bloggers. You can leave a comment here or e-mail me at marybabysteps@aol.com. Thanks!

Tags: changes, interviews, life, mom, personal, stories

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been through so much to get my kids into my life. That's why I call myself a MUTHA and that's why I call my blog MuthaMae. My experiences has made me one tough mutha. I wanted to share some of the things I've learned or discoveries I've made that makes life easier for me as a mom. I knew it would be better to show this via video. So I took out the camera and took a big chance by trying to make an online video show. That was October of 2007 and it's now 15 episodes later.

It changed my life because I learned I'm pretty fearless, even beyond all the things I've been through to have children. To get on camera? Overweight and almost 40 with no on camera training. ACK! I was SO SCARED. The day I put that first show on my blog, I wanted to run and hide in my bedroom. I was freaking out that people would leave nasty comments. "Get off the screen, fattie! You suck and so does your show!"

Didn't happen. I discovered a new passion. It's a wonderful hobby that makes me feel so ALIVE. I would never have known if I didn't take that chance and put it on my blog.

That's how blogging changed my life. I look forward to the new adventures it may bring.
Mae
http://MuthaMae.com

PS GREAT topic idea!
I knew you had an incredible story, Mae! So when can I call you for an interview? Send me an e-mail at marybabysteps@aol.com.
Blogging has changed my life in that through it, I think I have found my passion to write.

Previously, I had owned a custom digital design business for almost five years. I decided to close it earlier this year from sheer burn out. I just felt like the desire to work my business had just been sucked right out of me. And I was at a loss as to what to do, because I ate, slept and breathed my business ... it was my baby and I really didn't know how to exist without it. When I closed it, I went through a sort of grieving process. Still am, in certain ways.

When I first started my blog, I had every intention of using it to promote my business. When I closed my business, I had no idea what to do with my blog so I just started writing for the sheer pleasure of it. It was such a strange feeling, to spend time on my computer without having the pressure of having that time be completely centered around sustaining my business - no networking, marketing, advertising, web maintenance, accounting, vendor relations, etc.

I was writing just to write and it felt WONDERFUL. And through blogging, I really feel like I've discovered something that I love and something that I might actually good at. THAT is a very liberating experience!

Andrea
http://www.thecreativejunkie.com
That is so wonderful, Andrea! Blogging also helped me through my transition from "working" to not knowing what to do with myself. And it is very exciting to explore new possibilities, isn't it? Would you be interested in being featured on my blog? I'll be writing a featured profile each week of a mom whose life has been changed by blogging. You can email me at marybabysteps@aol.com if you'd be interested. Thanks!

Andrea Chamberlain said:
Blogging has changed my life in that through it, I think I have found my passion to write.

Previously, I had owned a custom digital design business for almost five years. I decided to close it earlier this year from sheer burn out. I just felt like the desire to work my business had just been sucked right out of me. And I was at a loss as to what to do, because I ate, slept and breathed my business ... it was my baby and I really didn't know how to exist without it. When I closed it, I went through a sort of grieving process. Still am, in certain ways.

When I first started my blog, I had every intention of using it to promote my business. When I closed my business, I had no idea what to do with my blog so I just started writing for the sheer pleasure of it. It was such a strange feeling, to spend time on my computer without having the pressure of having that time be completely centered around sustaining my business - no networking, marketing, advertising, web maintenance, accounting, vendor relations, etc.

I was writing just to write and it felt WONDERFUL. And through blogging, I really feel like I've discovered something that I love and something that I might actually good at. THAT is a very liberating experience!

Andrea
http://www.thecreativejunkie.com
Life has changed as I meet people from other places - yet I feel connected to these ple who responds to my post! Glad to stumble upon your site! I'm from a tiny island state called Singapore.
Have a peek into mylife at my blog . Glad to be your acquaintance. ;)

MomIz
Hi MomIz,

I'd love to learn more about you. Would it be possible to do an e-mail interview where I'd send you questions and you'd send me the answers back? Your blog is great - I just love positive blogs where I can learn something! Please let me know if you'd like to be involved in my mom bloggers project.

MomIz said:
Life has changed as I meet people from other places - yet I feel connected to these ple who responds to my post! Glad to stumble upon your site! I'm from a tiny island state called Singapore.
Have a peek into mylife at my blog . Glad to be your acquaintance. ;)

MomIz
Hi Mary!!

Nice of you to write back - thanks a bunch! An email interview sounds exciting - I sure would love to be part of it. Just send the questions over to momsupdate@gmail.com. Let me in also on your mom bloggers project,ok? I'm so looking forward to you email...

Warmest regards
MomIz
I've begun the interviewing process, and it's a bit time consuming. But don't worry, I will get in touch with all who've expressed interest! Thanks so very much.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service