With winter weather around the corner. I'm thinking of taking a cue from my daughter's preschool classroom and setting up a sand and water table in my kitchen. Am I nuts? Will my floor always be wet? Does anyone have a favorite brand? I tried an underbed box on top of a kid's art table but my littlest one is too short.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, MaryLea, just the thought of it stresses me out! I've never had one nor do I know anyone that does, so who knows, it may not be as messy as I think it would.
I think maybe you might be getting yourself into a huge mess. Sand is very hard to get out of carpet and it will scratch wood floors. And it spreads. It will eventually get in your couch, the air vents, beds., etc... And yes I think that your floors will constantly be wet. I wouldn't do it. I instead gave my son a small storage tote filled with dry white rice and some plastic spoons, small shovels, cups and bowls. I just sat it on the floor in the living room when he wanted to play. He LOVED it. (so much that when warmer weather came again we stuck with the rice and skipped the sand box all together) It wasn't messy, vacuumed up easily and it didn't get stuck in his clothes and didn't get ground into the floors or spread around the house. When my daughter stops trying to eat everything, I plan to do the same for her.
I like the idea of the rice table. I have an "Oatmeal" box that my girls love to play with. I did one with my oldest when she was 18 months old and my now 18 month old and 5 year old both love to play in it but it does travel a bit. I'm thinking the rice might be easier to clean up and a bit less dusty. I was planning to use rice or noodles in our cleaned out sand table for the winter. Thanks for the feedback!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/21/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service