I'm in to unique names, and my sister is pregnant with her second child and has asked me to help her come up with a list of names. Her first son's name is Kian. She wants something clever...

I, myself, have been vetoed a million times in the baby naming category. My most favorite name for a little girl is Dixie. Dad gave me the big cold "no" on that one... Anyone else lose this battle?

Tags: baby, names

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I loved the name Luke but my husband wouldn't budge. The only way I "get" to have baby #2 is if he gets to pick the name!! I'm a little scared...
"Seven." Just kidding. Remember on Seinfeld when George wanted to name his child Seven and I don't even think he had a gf.
I know a woman named Tuesday!

I wanted to name my daughter Isabella, and that was thrown out immediately. I also love the name Madeline, but my hubby? Not so much.

As far as boy's names, I didn't really have much say because he wanted to name his first born son after his dad.

My kids names are

Gabriella Bryn
Aron Emery
I think that on Married...with Children there was actually a kid named Seven.

And then on Blossom, there was Six.

:)
My hubby exercised his veto power on:

Harley for a girl
Ryder for a boy

We went with Wesley for our little guy and it suits him perfectly!

http://littlemissmomma.blogspot.com
:) I loved the name Danica when I was pregnant with my daughter but we ended up with a Maddison instead because my husband is the pickiest man on this planet.

When I got pregnant with my son it was even worse. I mentioned liking the name Ethan one day and that was just that. He wouldn't even give the other names I liked a chance.

Now every time we go to the park or we're at the store and call out the kids' names 20 other children turn around to look at us. LOL
We had such a hard time with names, as we could agree on so very few. I really loved the name Imogen but my husband said no. With hindsight he was probably right but I still love the name!
Yeah, my husband and I have different tastes. I like unique names and my husband likes traditional names. My name is Alaina and his is Eric. So, there you go! Hahaha. LOL. We have a daughter...Rebecca...and that is the only name we could agree on. I wanted Gianna (which he told me sounded like an italian prostitute) if it were a boy I wanted Gianni (which he said sounded like a gay name). Very offensive, I know, I thought the same thing when he said that.
My guy vetoed Breckin Vaughn.
Cash.

I'm a big Johnny Cash fan and thought that for the second son, we cold name him Cash.
Not only did my husband veto it - but so did the whole family!

I was thinking we could have called him "Sue" for short.

I love him name -Colton- but still wish I could have gotten my way! Maybe I could call him "Sue" anyways!

Sam
Mom. Undecided.
http://momundecided.blogspot.com/
haha...yeah, I mentioned once that I liked the name Imogen and my husband's response was, "huh? Is that a name?" lol
He vetoed EVERY SINGLE name I came up with for the first two years of our marriage. Then we finally found a girls name and a boys name we are both in love with. But we aren't planning to start having kids for another 2-3 years!! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service