Besides my main blog, I have a blog that I post local happenings for kids. If I see events going on I post about them & I post about places I've been with the kids. There's a company who puts out a local activities guide which has events, bday party business listings and really anything that caters towards kids. They emailed me about collaborating with them for a blog on their site. Basically, they just want to put a feed from my blog on their site. The exposure would be great and I might get some opportunities to "review" some local businesses (which is another question...how do I go about getting products/services to review?). I don't mind doing it since I'm blogging anyways but just thought I'd get opinions about this from you bloggers?

Tags: blogging, feeds, reviews

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reviews usually include some sort of a trade for a product, service or giveaway opp.. so that might work well for your local happenings blog! I think it's an AMAZING opp, and if you're up to it, take it :)

I'm not sure if you're looking for monetary compensation based on what you wrote, but unfortunately I can't give an opinion in this situation, so hopefully others can provide some insight to that end for this.

If you're looking to start reviewing products, check out the helpful info put out by mom bloggers club members in this thread:

http://www.mombloggersclub.com/forum/topics/988554:Topic:131688
no, I don't mind doing it for free since I'm doing it...but at the same time, I don't want to be taken advantage of! kwim? Thanks for that link...I'll check it out later when the kiddos are in bed!
Neat. This is great opportunity to network with other moms and let them know what you are doing. They may have some great ideas for you. Also, be sure to let the businesses know. You never know what they can do to help you. I would suggest inviting guest bloggers now and then. They bring in added traffic.
Good luck!
I'm certainly not a professional, but I think it sounds like a GREAT way to get exposure and legitimate connections.

Following In My Shoes
Blog Candy Designs
Thanks everyone! They are going to put my feed on their site the beginning of December! =))

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service