I am trying to add a facebook follow me button to my blog. I have my regular normal me page....then I have my blog fan page. How do I link my facebook to my blog. I tried using my id number but does not bring up my page.

Thank you.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a side-question to this....Because I was about to do the same thing---add a Follow/Fan me on FB button to my blog...

Considering FB requires you to use your real name for an account...

How do many of you out there feel about creating a FB Group for your Blog - that followers can "Fan" and join....given that when they do---they will see your real name due to your main FB Account? I have never really been comfortable as of yet, sharing my real name with blog followers, as my blog started out as a personal blog and has run 4 yrs now....Any suggestions, ideas or comments to this line of thinking?
Here's where you create your fan page badge: http://www.facebook.com/facebook-widgets/pagebadges.php You can edit the badge so it only shows the info you want it too. Just click edit and uncheck the following: Name, Status, Picture, Fans; if you don't want it to show on your badge. You can also choose the layout: vertical, horizontal or two column.

I recommend you have a fan page for yourself (or alias) or your blog, rather than have strangers friend you through your personal profile. I hope that solves both your problems Kendra and Angela!

Take care,
Melody
Thanks Melody! I deleted the former FB page I made as it connected to my personal profile. Your tips helped me create a more "official" FB page and set it up as you mentioned. Thanks!
This is old, but you might also like to add a 'like box' which allows people to like your facebook fan page right from your blog. Here is a good link for this: http://www.tipsblogger.com/2010/05/how-to-add-facebook-fanlike-box-...

If you are not interested in that, disregard this message, just trying to help ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service