I am trying to add a facebook follow me button to my blog. I have my regular normal me page....then I have my blog fan page. How do I link my facebook to my blog. I tried using my id number but does not bring up my page.

Thank you.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a side-question to this....Because I was about to do the same thing---add a Follow/Fan me on FB button to my blog...

Considering FB requires you to use your real name for an account...

How do many of you out there feel about creating a FB Group for your Blog - that followers can "Fan" and join....given that when they do---they will see your real name due to your main FB Account? I have never really been comfortable as of yet, sharing my real name with blog followers, as my blog started out as a personal blog and has run 4 yrs now....Any suggestions, ideas or comments to this line of thinking?
Here's where you create your fan page badge: http://www.facebook.com/facebook-widgets/pagebadges.php You can edit the badge so it only shows the info you want it too. Just click edit and uncheck the following: Name, Status, Picture, Fans; if you don't want it to show on your badge. You can also choose the layout: vertical, horizontal or two column.

I recommend you have a fan page for yourself (or alias) or your blog, rather than have strangers friend you through your personal profile. I hope that solves both your problems Kendra and Angela!

Take care,
Melody
Thanks Melody! I deleted the former FB page I made as it connected to my personal profile. Your tips helped me create a more "official" FB page and set it up as you mentioned. Thanks!
This is old, but you might also like to add a 'like box' which allows people to like your facebook fan page right from your blog. Here is a good link for this: http://www.tipsblogger.com/2010/05/how-to-add-facebook-fanlike-box-...

If you are not interested in that, disregard this message, just trying to help ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/31/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service