Am I The Only Blogger NOT Going To A Conference This Summer?

I'm bummed.

It seems that every blog I turn to is going to some kind of blog conference this summer. Am I the only one not attending a blog conference?

If you are attending a conference, do you have a goal while you're there? And, if you aren't attending a conference, why?

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nope. You're not the only one. I'm not going either. Nothing in my area they're all too far.
I am not attending a blog conference. For one I just don't have the money and for two I still feel a little new to blogging to go to a conference. I was just thinking to myself this afternoon that it would be fun to try to go to something next year.
I am not either. I would love to try and get to BlogHer next year, I am with BlogHerads. I am noew to blogging and have only been up since April. Maybe next year.

What is the TypeA conference?
No, I'm not going either. Don't feel alone! Schedules and finances didn't work out for me to go. :) When I do go, I try to network and be open to anything. I'm never disappointed! :) It's always fun to get away for a few days from my mommy role, and then I love seeing my kids and hubby when I return.
I'm not going either. I do hope to go next year though.
I will not be attending any either so don't feel badly because as you can see there are several of us in the same boat.

My reason for not going is they are all way to far from me and our finances are too tight at the moment. I do hope next year all will be better and I will be able to attend one or more! : )
No conference for me. I only started my blog in April. Though I think it would be an amazing learning and networking opportunity, I'll try for BlogHer next year. Part of me does wish I had the money and the will to leave my kids to go this year, though. I'm very committed to my blog and put a lot of time and energy into it--but also get very overwhelmed and spend a lot of time feeling like I'm spinning my wheels. If I could go to a conference in person, I'd hope to find an experienced mentor to show me the ropes and help me avoid some pitfalls.

So, if anyone wants to make a virtual big/little sister match, let me know!
I am not attending a conference this summer but do plan to attend one in October. I have not attended any this summer or in the past because I couldn't afford it. This year, I made me and my writing a priority and its paying off.

I am attending a conference because its important to make sure that I create relationships with people in my field. I am a writer, a blogger, and a mom. When I worked a 9 to 5, I made sure that I created relationships in my field. I plan to bring that into my blogging and writing business.
I want to be there SOOOOO bad!!! But since I can't (and my birthday is even Friday) I'm having a Happy BlogNerd Bash on my blog it's going to be fun!! And there will be giveaways, which are always good :)

My blog is www.garibaysoup.com
Amanda you have the right idea. Let's celebrate how ever we can! And Friday's your birthday?! How cool
:->
I'm a brand new blogger and started seeing all these tweets on twitter about blogher and I still don't know what it means. So nope your not the only one. Maybe next year when I get the hang of this stuff. :)
I'm not going either and honestly, I'm really not interested in going.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service