ADVERTISEMENT

FOLLOW US

OUR BLOG

Tips For Getting Girls Into Sports

Would it surprise you to know that girls are twice as likely to drop out of sporting activities through their teenage years than boys? Or to realize that most young girls start engaging in organized sports up to two whole years later than boys? …

How To Help A Friend Who Is an Addict

One of the most devastating things that can happen to any family is substance abuse in any form. Anything in excess is never good for anyone. That could be anything from too much food, exercise, alcohol or even shopping. Addictive behaviors can turn relationships upside down for those who…

OUR DAILY PINS

Advertisements

Just wondering how many bloggers we have here that are military spouses? I would love to connect with you all! We are stationed at Fort Hood and are retiring here! My husband has been in for 21 years! 

Where is everyone else stationed? Anyone close by?

I also just started a Facebook Group specifically for military spouse bloggers if you would like to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1762234450721357/

Anyway, feel free to connect with me as well:

Blog/Website (Antics of a Nutty Hiker & Military Spouse): http://nuttyhiker.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nuttyhiker & personal page http://www.facebook.com/bridget.d.carlson

YouTube: Just started vlogging, mostly about my Pug and my outdoor adventures and travels. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcKivOv6LLF_ACFek9RMotg

Twitter: http://twitter.com/nuttyhiker

Instagram: http://instagram.com/nuttyhiker

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/TexasPhotog/

BlogLovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/@nuttyhiker

Flipboard: https://flipboard.com/@NuttyHiker

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! I'm a MilSpouse blogger in Cali! HTTPS://theswagmama.com
IG: @theswagmama

Sorry, just saw this! I followed you in IG and your Blog via Wordpress =)

Hi There!!!  i believe we are in the same FB group and i follow you on twitter and IG LOL  I'm a mil spouse (husband is Reserves) and we are both Air Force Brats!!  

Following you on pinterest! Will be enjoying your blog! Newbie blogger here! Located in japan.

Thank you! How do you like Japan? I want to visit there one day!

The Noble Baby said:

Following you on pinterest! Will be enjoying your blog! Newbie blogger here! Located in japan.

Hi, Bridget!

I'm an Air Force wife :)

Before I blog about mil life I want to make sure I'm up to date with OPSEC.

If you have any advice about that, I would so appreciate :)

Sara

Just remember to never list information about troop movements (such as dates, times, locations). If I am talking about an upcoming deployment I always refer to it as later this year, or this coming year or next year. Typically (at least with the Army) they can't keep their own mouths closed and will release to the media when they are deploying and to where, so once it has been released to the public, I may refer to the "<inster month> deployment to Iraq" (or the main country is that they are going, assuming that info was released).

Hope that helps =)

Sara Lauren Lewis said:

Hi, Bridget!

I'm an Air Force wife :)

Before I blog about mil life I want to make sure I'm up to date with OPSEC.

If you have any advice about that, I would so appreciate :)

Sara

Yes, that does help :)

We have one coming up in next year, so I'll probably write about the pre, during, and post, but then actually post about them once he is home.



Bridget @ The Nutty Hiker said:

Just remember to never list information about troop movements (such as dates, times, locations). If I am talking about an upcoming deployment I always refer to it as later this year, or this coming year or next year. Typically (at least with the Army) they can't keep their own mouths closed and will release to the media when they are deploying and to where, so once it has been released to the public, I may refer to the "<inster month> deployment to Iraq" (or the main country is that they are going, assuming that info was released).

Hope that helps =)

Sara Lauren Lewis said:

Hi, Bridget!

I'm an Air Force wife :)

Before I blog about mil life I want to make sure I'm up to date with OPSEC.

If you have any advice about that, I would so appreciate :)

Sara

That is a great idea. I did a Deployment Blog (created a category on my site) for this last deployment and made posts like that within that category. Except at the very last minute, they decided not to take his troop lol. So all I have in it is pre-deployment posts lmao! I wish I would have thought about doing that the prior 7 deployments! 

Sara Lauren Lewis said:

Yes, that does help :)

We have one coming up in next year, so I'll probably write about the pre, during, and post, but then actually post about them once he is home.



Bridget @ The Nutty Hiker said:

Just remember to never list information about troop movements (such as dates, times, locations). If I am talking about an upcoming deployment I always refer to it as later this year, or this coming year or next year. Typically (at least with the Army) they can't keep their own mouths closed and will release to the media when they are deploying and to where, so once it has been released to the public, I may refer to the "<inster month> deployment to Iraq" (or the main country is that they are going, assuming that info was released).

Hope that helps =)

Sara Lauren Lewis said:

Hi, Bridget!

I'm an Air Force wife :)

Before I blog about mil life I want to make sure I'm up to date with OPSEC.

If you have any advice about that, I would so appreciate :)

Sara


Ha, yep. Nothing if for sure until it's sure.

Thanks for the tips. :)


Bridget @ The Nutty Hiker said:

That is a great idea. I did a Deployment Blog (created a category on my site) for this last deployment and made posts like that within that category. Except at the very last minute, they decided not to take his troop lol. So all I have in it is pre-deployment posts lmao! I wish I would have thought about doing that the prior 7 deployments! 

Sara Lauren Lewis said:

Yes, that does help :)

We have one coming up in next year, so I'll probably write about the pre, during, and post, but then actually post about them once he is home.



Bridget @ The Nutty Hiker said:

Just remember to never list information about troop movements (such as dates, times, locations). If I am talking about an upcoming deployment I always refer to it as later this year, or this coming year or next year. Typically (at least with the Army) they can't keep their own mouths closed and will release to the media when they are deploying and to where, so once it has been released to the public, I may refer to the "<inster month> deployment to Iraq" (or the main country is that they are going, assuming that info was released).

Hope that helps =)

Sara Lauren Lewis said:

Hi, Bridget!

I'm an Air Force wife :)

Before I blog about mil life I want to make sure I'm up to date with OPSEC.

If you have any advice about that, I would so appreciate :)

Sara

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service