Are blogs relying on contests and give-a-ways too much?

I'm just curious, I've been reading a lot of blogs and I'm finding that so many blogs are featuring lots of reviews and give-a-ways but not a lot of articles. Does anyone feel the same way?
Robin
Grandma's Shoppe

Tags: blogs, give-a-ways, reviews

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES! YES! YES!
There are some people I find and ALL they have is giveaways. Giveaways are nice if they are good and useful and I sign every once in a while. But I mainly signed up to blog to meet people, make NEW friends, and help develop my writing skills. I am a writer. Not to talk bad about the blogs that do giveaways, I like them, but I more interested in the friends aspect.
:)
I've only had two giveaways in April, the rest are regular posts. If the blog is a personal blog, then I think it's all about balance. There should always be more posts than giveaways.

I have fun doing the giveaways also. I like announcing winners to prizes.
I tend to agree with Alexes. I blog for my friends and family first and then to meet new people. The give-aways are nice and sweet, but I want to find others I can relate to, laugh with, learn something new with, lean on when I've had a bad day, etc. It's been especially nice for me as a military spouse who moves every 6 months to 2 years.
I don't know how you keep up with all of the blogs!! I have trouble writing for one little blog!
Robin
I definitely feel that way...maybe not just contest and giveaways, but ads, too. I know that most of us hope to make some money doing this, but I find myself drawn to a blog with a cool name, hoping to read a good post or have a laugh, and then get overwhelmed by a million ads and giveaways and few posts.
That's exactly how I feel!
Robin
I find it very hard to keep up with more than one blogs and I really enjoy doing giveaways, however, I am trying to have one personal post a day. Last week I failed to do this because i was on vacation, but I'm going to try harder this week. I know that's what people want to read is about me..

That's what I like to read
I started doing giveaways and I really enjoy doing it and reviewing products. I guess it just depends on who you are whether you like those blogs or not. I post about personal stuff, along with daily memes as well to try to keep the balance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service