We've all had those times when we've really screwed things up and thought, "I'm the world's worst mom."
We're not talking "Left the kids in the car to run into the casino for
a few hours" or "Bought cigarettes instead of baby formula." Think
more like, "Accidentally ordered Teletubbies on 12-year-old son's
birthday cake," or "Made complete ass of self at PTA meeting by bringing
up politics," or even "Killed Christmas by yammering on about the Santa
myth when mistakenly thinking 6-year-old daughter was out of earshot."

Well, now you can come clean at World's Worst Moms -- the place for good moms who've had bad moments. 

So, are you a World's Worst Mom?  Want to share your story*?  The truth will set you free.  And besides -- it'll make the rest of us feel a whole lot better about ourselves.:)

*And of course we'll link and list your blog!!!

http://worldsworstmoms.com

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't decide if 'paranoid moms' or 'helicopter parents' are the worst parents or the best. I so often feel like I am the, please excuse the expression, 'poop' in the punch' when I insist that the boy scouts don't launch 12 cub scouts down a hill on a wagon all at once---in front of 100 parents who stood there and watched kids bump heads and tear up their knees.

Or when I insist that buckling one seatbelt around four girls in the backseat wouldn't do to drive to a swim meet through a blizzard. I don't want to wreck everyone's fun and humiliate my kids. But there are moments when someone has to say something... head injuries and car accidents are not okay...

I worry 'better' now. I researched all the stuff I worried about and started my blog and website:
http://paranoidparents.hcibooks.com/
and
www.paranoidparentguide.com
I like to say I take helicopter parenting to a new level. I just have one child and I am neurotic by nature. Bad, bad combo. I swear, I am going to follow my son to college (because you know, it can be a dangerous place...!)

http://www.talesfromthetracks.com
Worst mom? Every other month, maybe...it's just motherhood is all-encompassing and there is rarely an escape (well, except for today--see my post!--even on my day off (in 12 years?) I'm still picking up their stuff, worrying about whether they are all okay at school and unable to ignore their piles of laundry that need washing!

http://www.mommymovesagain.blogspot.com/
OOOOOOOO, man....this is such perfect timing!! :)

http://defineyouphotography.blogspot.com/p/parenting-tips-pointers....

PLEASE let me know if you can UNDERSTAND the love behind this page..hehe

HAPPY MOTHERHOOD! XOXO
That was funny. You should check out "Once a Smartass" on World's Worst Moms. You guys would probably enjoy going out for coffee.



Jillian Beedle said:
OOOOOOOO, man....this is such perfect timing!! :)

http://defineyouphotography.blogspot.com/p/parenting-tips-pointers....

PLEASE let me know if you can UNDERSTAND the love behind this page..hehe

HAPPY MOTHERHOOD! XOXO
I'm talking "worst" more in terms of the stress we put on ourselves to be, if not perfect, great. Because we're all doing a really important job, and we don't want to mess it up.

Christie Barnes said:
I can't decide if 'paranoid moms' or 'helicopter parents' are the worst parents or the best. I so often feel like I am the, please excuse the expression, 'poop' in the punch' when I insist that the boy scouts don't launch 12 cub scouts down a hill on a wagon all at once---in front of 100 parents who stood there and watched kids bump heads and tear up their knees.

Or when I insist that buckling one seatbelt around four girls in the backseat wouldn't do to drive to a swim meet through a blizzard. I don't want to wreck everyone's fun and humiliate my kids. But there are moments when someone has to say something... head injuries and car accidents are not okay...

I worry 'better' now. I researched all the stuff I worried about and started my blog and website:
http://paranoidparents.hcibooks.com/
and
www.paranoidparentguide.com
You know, I hear they actually have "people" to handle parents at universities now. They basically play interference between parents and professors because so many moms and dads won't let their kids "go." Kind of funny.

Erica said:
I like to say I take helicopter parenting to a new level. I just have one child and I am neurotic by nature. Bad, bad combo. I swear, I am going to follow my son to college (because you know, it can be a dangerous place...!)

http://www.talesfromthetracks.com
If you have screw ups cut down to every other month, I'd say you're kicking ass.


Suzanne said:
Worst mom? Every other month, maybe...it's just motherhood is all-encompassing and there is rarely an escape (well, except for today--see my post!--even on my day off (in 12 years?) I'm still picking up their stuff, worrying about whether they are all okay at school and unable to ignore their piles of laundry that need washing!

http://www.mommymovesagain.blogspot.com/
Hi there, again.!!

I'm wanting the URL to that blog. Coffee partner.
CAN"T WIAT....only can't find....could be because I work from home and only have enough attention for one.

Thanks in advance :)
Sorry, I should be more specific and less cryptic. The woman is a contributor to my website, "World's Worst Moms." She wrote "Once a Smartass. . ." She goes by "Squidnice," but she doesn't blog. I'm sure if you leave her a comment, she'll see it. And if you really want to get in touch, I'll let her know. She's great. She just reminded me of you. Sort of "Take it or leave it, kid."

http://www.worldsworstmoms.com/2010/09/once-smartass.html

Jillian Beedle said:
Hi there, again.!!

I'm wanting the URL to that blog. Coffee partner.
CAN"T WIAT....only can't find....could be because I work from home and only have enough attention for one.

Thanks in advance :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

DID YOU KNOW?

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service