I am interested to find out how many moms are blogging as a Hobby or to meet other people vs/ those that are blogging to make money. Of course, to be successful a blog has to resonate with readers and be useful, and/or interesting.

I launched a kids website and blog in May for parents and 2-8 year olds called www.ziggityzoom.com and I have recently launched my mom site/blog called www.mommie911.com. My primary goal is to create sites for moms/parents where they can quickly and easily find important, useful and interesting information for us time starved moms. I of course plan to make it a profitable venture through ads or sponsorships and products we offer.

So do You Blog as a Hobby and that is it, or do you blog and want to make money? Or are you already making money?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right now, I'm blogging to help other young moms, sharing with them what I've learned over the past two years. But I would like to make a profit through advertising and affiliates.
I do it for a little of both. I'm an Amazon affiliate and I've made a little money through that program. However, I don't have tons of time for blogging and I only write what I'm really excited about, I try to post once a week or more, but I'm trying to keep blogging just a hobby in terms of how much time I put into it. I have an idea for a blog that would be fun to do that I could get local advertisers for (in my big picture dream) but I don't have time to start it or write it right now with three small children.. Maybe in a year or two, if I feel like it. It would be a lot of work to keep up the writing and solicit advertisers, do publicity, etc. etc. etc. I want to be careful not to overcommit myself to blogging because family comes first. I don't expect to make so much at blogging that it would be like a real part time job.

Good luck with your ventures!
Karen

http://favoritechildrensbooks.blogspot.com/
I started a blog called BostonFamilyLife.com a month ago. I have been a stay at home mom for four years and now have 3 little boys. My energy has built up and I wanted to chanel it into something fun, exciting and profitable. And blogging, if it lives up to my long-term expectations, was just what I was looking for. I wasn't eager to return to my auditing and tax career. And I was struggling with the thought of balancing work and taking care of my kids. I am still breastfeeding my 5 month old, and I breastfead two of my older kids untill about one as well. Plus daycare for three kids would cost more than I could make working. So I was looking for stay at home online work. Then I looked into writing, and to practice, started a blog. I chose the most interesting topic for myself - Boston family activities. On the wekeends you will find me dragging my kids to all the fun places, both Saturday and Sunday, and I have learned a lot about having fun with kids in Boston. Plus all the research I do for my blog, I would do anyway for myself, it even allows me to save and categorize activities and find them easier for myself. Then I learned that by drawing lots of traffic, you can make money, and now I am trying to work on that. I realized it is my dream job, and I am going to do everything I can to realize it!
I started my blog, Monkey's Momma, as a creative outlet. It is a great way to connect with other people online and I have met some really nice bloggers through my blog. That being said, if I were to start making money from it, I would not complain :)
It is a hobby and a social thing, for me!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service