I've always wondered at what point do you start making a decent amount of money on your blog?  Is it when you get to a certain ranking?  or is when you get a certain amount of unique visitors?  or does it not matter...do you just have to find the right thing to put on your blog to make you money?

Tags: income, monetize, money

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I am finally making some money not very much, with affiliate programs and paid post from sites, I feel if it is affiliate it is just getting your blog out their so you can make sales or paid per clicks. For the programs that pay you to post I say if you sign up and get offers then that is great and it won't matter the amount of followers you have!

I can tell you that most people don't make money from their blogs especially through advertising or affiliates. There are companies like MomSelect who connect brands with bloggers and those can result in working with brands on campaigns for a certain amount of money. I have a site about blogging called Momcomm and my guest post next week will be talking about ways to work with brands. It goes live on Monday if you want to stop by!

http://www.momcomm.com

sounds great, I will check it out

Melissa C said:

I can tell you that most people don't make money from their blogs especially through advertising or affiliates. There are companies like MomSelect who connect brands with bloggers and those can result in working with brands on campaigns for a certain amount of money. I have a site about blogging called Momcomm and my guest post next week will be talking about ways to work with brands. It goes live on Monday if you want to stop by!

http://www.momcomm.com

hello Brenda,

I started blogging in 2008 and I only started to make some allowance half a year later.  Along the way, I learn a lot and earn quite handsomely doing paid posts. To have a steady income, we need to blog daily, blog hop frequently to generate traffic to your blog, have an unique niche, (say for example, a health blog and all your posts are connected to health) and with these things in mind, you can start to earn, not much but at least a satisfaction! LOL...

Just saying two cents of my thoughts!

http://reanaclaire.com

where do you learn more about doing paid post???? How do you get started?

thanks

Reanaclaire said:

hello Brenda,

I started blogging in 2008 and I only started to make some allowance half a year later.  Along the way, I learn a lot and earn quite handsomely doing paid posts. To have a steady income, we need to blog daily, blog hop frequently to generate traffic to your blog, have an unique niche, (say for example, a health blog and all your posts are connected to health) and with these things in mind, you can start to earn, not much but at least a satisfaction! LOL...

Who do you use for your paid advertising or does it come from people contacting you?  Are you paid well because your ranking or you are just in the right program.  I appreciate the information!

Reanaclaire said:

hello Brenda,

After two years of writing paid posts, advertisers now approach me personally.. a few of them do.. that is why I am looking for mommy bloggers who are interested to write and get paid.  Are you interested?  I can recommend you a few posts to write on, provided your blog has a page ranking in google.  Let me know, Brenda.. thanks!

Brenda Bergman said:
Who do you use for your paid advertising or does it come from people contacting you?  Are you paid well because your ranking or you are just in the right program.  I appreciate the information!

Reanaclaire said:

hello Brenda,

I don't have a PR with Google.  I think my problem is that my website are crafts for kids so it's hard to get a lot of keywords in my posts for google to know what my site is about.  My Alexa Ranking is rapidly dropping, though.

I guess I need to work on some posts that aren't craft tutorials so I can get more keywords in there.

Reanaclaire said:

After two years of writing paid posts, advertisers now approach me personally.. a few of them do.. that is why I am looking for mommy bloggers who are interested to write and get paid.  Are you interested?  I can recommend you a few posts to write on, provided your blog has a page ranking in google.  Let me know, Brenda.. thanks!

Brenda Bergman said:

Reanaclaire said:

hello Brenda,

Brenda

Page ranking will go up if you have more people coming to your blog.. so all you got to do is to visit other blogs as well.. do this daily and your alexa ranking will improve.. hope this helps!
Brenda B said:

I don't have a PR with Google.  I think my problem is that my website are crafts for kids so it's hard to get a lot of keywords in my posts for google to know what my site is about.  My Alexa Ranking is rapidly dropping, though.

I guess I need to work on some posts that aren't craft tutorials so I can get more keywords in there.

Reanaclaire said:

Brenda Bergman said:

Reanaclaire said:

hello Brenda,

thanks for the advice, I appreciate any I can get :)

Reanaclaire said:

Brenda

Page ranking will go up if you have more people coming to your blog.. so all you got to do is to visit other blogs as well.. do this daily and your alexa ranking will improve.. hope this helps!
Brenda B said:

Reanaclaire said:

Brenda Bergman said:

Reanaclaire said:

hello Brenda,

Brenda,

Actually no one knows a sites actual page rank, only Google.

As for keyword phrases, have you done actual keyword research?  There are a great amount of KW phrases that you could use. I just started using the paid version of Wordtracker however you can use their free tool to do KW research if you haven't already.  I used that for quite a few years before I moved to the paid version.

Oh and as for Alexa, it's skewed so I wouldn't worry too much.  It only counts for those who use the tool bar and most people don't.

If you need help with keywords and search engine optimization, I'm happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Angie

Brenda B said:

Reanaclaire said:

Brenda Bergman said:

Reanaclaire said:

hello Brenda,

Thanks I will check that out!

Angie said:

Brenda,

Actually no one knows a sites actual page rank, only Google.

As for keyword phrases, have you done actual keyword research?  There are a great amount of KW phrases that you could use. I just started using the paid version of Wordtracker however you can use their free tool to do KW research if you haven't already.  I used that for quite a few years before I moved to the paid version.

Oh and as for Alexa, it's skewed so I wouldn't worry too much.  It only counts for those who use the tool bar and most people don't.

If you need help with keywords and search engine optimization, I'm happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Angie

Brenda B said:

Reanaclaire said:

Brenda Bergman said:

Reanaclaire said:

hello Brenda,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/30/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service