Greetings wonderful mom bloggers. In the early days, I started my blog simply as an addition to my fitness coaching business. But, it is really taking off and gaining momentum. Now, I would just like to make a little money with the advertising.

What have you found as the best ways to monetize your blogs? Is using a service for ads? AdSense? I'd love to hear feedback on this.

Thanks!
Jenn
PersonalFitCoach.com

Tags: ads, advertising, blog, making, monetize, money

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been wondering the same.. I am new to blogging and didnt even know people were doing this!
Ad networks aren't worth the headache. You have to have a lot of traffic for it to be worthwhile. Your best bet is to sell ads on your own. Small businesses are always looking for affordable ways to spread their message.

Think about ways to create a community of people surrounding your blog. It makes selling advertising easier because you have a wider network.
This is what I suspected. Luckily, I also have nearly 4,000 Twitter followers and my fans are growing on Facebook too. I may even start a social network to go along with the blog as well. Hopefully this will help drive advertising.
I think it depends on how much time you want to devote to sales. Like you, I ran my blog as a hobby (for almost 2 years). However, in the last couple of months, I have been monetizing my site. Since I don't like dealing with sales, I use:
-JuiceBox Jungle; -BlogAds (and I was recently accepted as a Lifetime Moms affiliate).

I toyed with other affiliate programs, but I find them not to be worth the effort - besides Amazon Associates. (Granted, I'm only listing the programs which have brought in money the first month.)

Overall though, I make more money by leveraging my blog for other opportunities (writing/ speaking/ consulting/ etc.) than relying on ad dollars. (Especially since I'm a minimalist - six ads running at the same time is the most that I can handle visually on my site!)
I monetize through Blogads, private advertising, and affiliate marketing. I also have an Amazon store set up. I have tried My Savings and Logical Media as well. These avenues are great for review/frugal/giveaway bloggers so they aren't quite as lucrative for me b/c it is not my niche.

Stephanie
www.ahighandnoblecalling.com
I use Google ads. I am starting to make more money from them but not much.
I conducted a survey a while ago to figure out how blogs make the most money. You can find the top results and advice for other bloggers here at Resources for Bloggers

One of the companies I work with is looking for more sites interested in putting text link/small banner ads. They need more sites with traffic from US, Australia, Canada or UK with the page Rank 3+. If you are interested email me and I'll pass the info along to you.

Also, a fellow blogger recently informed me of another affiliate/offers site. Tradepub.com is recruiting web site owners and bloggers as affiliates to set up trade publication storefronts. The cool thing about this is you aren't selling anything. Everything you are offering is FREE! You have probably seen some of the offers before on logical media or mysavings. Your FREE storefront gives your readers access to many online ebooks, magazines, and other publications. I just signed up. There really are no costs to set this up. I haven't made any money yet, but according to the forum and other bloggers, this is an easy way to make money. Payout is anywhere from $1.50 -$20.

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service