Well, if you follow me on Twitter or read my blog, you may know that I lost a lot of my content recently. The worse part is that I don't know exactly how much, but every day I've been noticed truncated posts and missing content.

Of course, the first thing everyone asked me was, "Well, didn't you have a back up?!" Duh...yes, I did. I was using a Wordpress plugin that I assumed was maintaining the backbone of my blog - the SQL databases. When I clicked to restore a back-up, my site was damaged beyond repair.

Anyway...as I prepare to better secure my content, I've got some questions:

1. What do you use to back-up your blog? (Esp. interested in WP users, but others may be interested in those using other platforms)

2. Have you ever had to restore from a back-up and was it successful?

Looking forward to your ideas - thank you!
Michele

Tags: back up, wordpress

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the reply Cindi. I think I'll try manually exporting as well. I thought the plug-in would save me the hassle, but I'd rather be inconvenienced for a few minutes each week than go through this again.
I don't use wordpress or any other type of software to back up specifically my blog, but I do save each individual post as a word doc so that if I need to use them elsewhere I can. Those I back up on the numerous flash/thumb drives that I have.

Hope that helps!
Huh...I'll try contacting my hosting company. Thx for the idea!
I'm planning to develop my posts in my word processing program and save those files now...thanks.
I had this experience! right on the money Mom on the Rise!

I downloaded a plugin and it corrupted everything! I asked bluehost to help and they said they could restore it to previous time which I think was about a week before. To recreate the week or so I copied and pasted from google's cache but even if I had lost the week it was totally worth it!!

Hope it works out for you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/17/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

12 Days of Christmas Super Sale

Not a member?  Sign up here for your Free
Healthy Home Company Membership
https://mombloggersgiftmembership.com

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

The more moms who are a part of Mom Bloggers for Social Good, the more good we can do through our blogs and social media. Please join us!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service