Hi Everyone,

I'm Jenn.  I'm new to this community an the blogging world in general.  Presently on my website I have the landing
page set up as a static page with highlighted posts.  However, as I
have been blog hopping, I see most people have the main landing page
showing latest blog posts.  Highlighted posts are generally in the
sidebar, bottom of the page, etc.

My question is as the reader, what do you prefer?  Do you like to see full new posts daily, or an all
encompassing "snapshot" static page?

Feel free to check out my site for what I presently have displayed,
(www.mommyconversations.com) or just leave a comment about your first reaction to my question.

And as always, any suggestions or feedback to a green blogger is always
welcome.  Thanks for letting me be a part of your community. I look
forward to meeting new friends here.  :)

Jenn

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Personally, I prefer to see a full post. A lot of times I won't click on the "read more" link unless I'm totally into what I'm reading.

Now that being said, on my blog I have excerpts on the homepage. I post a few times a day and feel that the posts will get pushed off the homepage really quickly if I show the full articles.

Go figure! LOL!

Aloha - Kailani
An Island Life
I second what Kailani says - I prefer the whole post. I generally won't bother clicking on the Keep Reading (or whatever it's set to) link. And I really loathe it when I sign up for a feed and it's set to the Click Through (or whatever) to continue reading the post. I understand why it's done - you want more traffic - but I signed up for the feed so I don't have to visit the site each day unless I want to comment.
I'm all about full posts!! I need to get hooked and then I'll click. If I have to click through to read something then chances are I'll go read something else.

Welcome to the bloggy world!!!
For me it depends on what the readers want. Most of my blogs have the excerpt feature with a small, thumbnail pic next to the post. I have readers who visit my site daily and they look to see what is new based on the posts on the homepage. How do I know this? I changed it and boy did I hear about it. So, many times, once you get readers you are doing a lot of things for them and not you. Maybe take a poll and see what they want. That is, if you don't care one way or another.
This is how I feel too!!
From all your follow up comments and many other blogs that I have been on, it seems the consensus is no one wants to click another link to "read more." It seems they want to read and move on.

I guess I feel the same way most of the time, otherwise your "blog blurb" has to be as catchy as your blog post title in order to entice readers to read on...

I will be posting a "green" post for Earth Day! Drop by-->>Mommy Moves Again

Thanks! :)
Hi Jenn,

I too am relatively new to the "Blog world" but I have been reading blogs for a while now and I am the odd ball here as I prefer "blurbs" especially if I like the content. You see I have so much tome for reading/research so having a small exert give me the option to easily pick what I want to read more on during my visit.

I find it time consuming to have to go to the side bar...just my personal input.

Have fun with your blogging adventure and feel free to visit my Blog:

ThePassiveIncomeQueen for some Business, Money and Self Worth Coaching Tips

Coach Manon

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service