I updated my blog (http://visualperspective.wordpress.com/) with a post about copyright infringement. Part of the reason I wrote this blog was due to the actions of another blogger who stole a photo to use on their site. This blogger doesn’t see anything wrong with it and has written two blog posts slamming the photographer who sent him a standard notice of copyright infringement. This problem has been an ongoing discussion in the photography community, a lot of bloggers don't seem to realize you have to have a photographer’s permission in order to post a photo on your blog or you are breaking the law in several countries. Some of the biggest online offenders seem to be bloggers that go out and do the snatch and grab. How many of you are aware of what copyrights are, that images are copyrighted and it is illegal to use them without permission? I’m working to spread awareness about this ongoing problem and to educate more people about the issue so I thought this would be a good place to bring the discussion.

Tags: blog, blogger, copyright, copyrights, image, infringement, photography, theft

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Bec, that is what I thought, but my husband was arguing otherwise.
NP glad to help
I did not know this. I thought once an image was out there [on the internet] it was public domain.

Tammy
Fraind not Tammy, the photographer or other copyright holders are still the owners even if it's on the net. If your using images on you blog that you have not received permission to use you might want to remove then.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/22/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service