I'm currently on Blogger and have read a few things about switching to Wordpress.  I decided to check them out but recently had some bad customer service experiences (completely unresponsive support forum and challenges getting my registered domain redirected... still unresolved).  Blogger has always provided great support in their forums so that fact alone is making me think I should stay put.

Anyone have experience with Blogger & Wordpress?  I'm curious what other bloggers recommend and why.  Thanks!

Christina

http://prayersandpeekaboo.blogspot.com/

Tags: Blogger, Wordpress, support

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have used both, I bought a .com on blogger just because it is easier for em to sue and I really like it.

Joanna
I have used both, I bought a .com on blogger just because it is easier for me to use and I really like it.

Joanna
So sorry for the double post, the site wouldn't let me delete the 1st post.

My girlfriend wrote an excellent guest post on my blog about that very thing- I can tell you after being on blogger and moving to Wordpress- I would never go back. It's like staying at the local carnival when Disney World is two blocks away- I just wouldn't do it

http://www.mompreneurmogul.com/2012/01/switching-from-blogger-to-wo...

Christina,

If your intentions with blogging is to make money, it's best to have your own web property.  Blogger can take down any of the blogs on THEIR property at any time for any reason.  It's best for you to get your own domain name (through someone like GoDaddy), hosting account (through someone like Host Gator) and then you will use the self hosted wordpress (.org not .com) which is uploaded through your hosting accounts cpanel.

I would highly recommend making the switch!

I think it depends a lot on why you are blogging. I have a site on Blogger and another on Wordpress.com. I like them both for different reasons. I'm not really trying to make money with either, so Wordpress.com is fine. Even though income is not my focus I like being able to easily include ads on Blogger. I thin you should use what you feel most comfortable with, and which format suits what you want to accomplish with your blog.

I have blogger myself although I have thought about changing over to Wordpress. However I also have come across Wordpress having issues with hacking last year and this made me stay put for the time being. I have taken a look at Wordpress and find it more time consuming and confusing.

I have just recently switched to Wordpress from Blogger.  I found it to be quite overwhelming for the first week or so but with some helpful support from my fellow bloggers and some trial and error I'm starting to get the hangof it.    I'm liking it now and once I figured it out I even find it is very user friendly and it certainly gives you far more options than Blogger.  So far so good :)   

I just start blogging on Blogger. I am new to the process, so I find this conversation very helpful. Realistically, how much can the average blogger make through AdSense? I think it would be easy for me to switch right now if WordPress is that a superior platform.

Very interesting topic. I want to read more

I don't use Adsense so I can't answer that for you, sorry.  But Wordpress (self hosted, not .com) is a superior platform over Blogger for sure.

Glad to hear the positives. It will be a big change and a lot of work. But now that Google is soon pulling GFC it is probably the best time to do it.

Monica Parlee said:

I have just recently switched to Wordpress from Blogger.  I found it to be quite overwhelming for the first week or so but with some helpful support from my fellow bloggers and some trial and error I'm starting to get the hangof it.    I'm liking it now and once I figured it out I even find it is very user friendly and it certainly gives you far more options than Blogger.  So far so good :)   

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service