I'm thinking of switching from blogger to wordpress. Has anyone made the switch? Have any words of wisdom or sites I should check out? Change scares me, but I want more freedom and flexibility. Thanks!

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just changed TheMomSalon.com from Blogger to Wordpress this weekend. Wordpress is simply a better platform than Blogger. It's a lot more flexible, is a lot easier to use, more attractive and allows for better organization. It's extremely easy to import your current posts and your comments. I encourage you to do it.
Did you do the switch yourself? Were you able to customize the design exactly as you wanted it?
I did the switch to Wordpress self-hosted myself with a little help with my web host. They have a really installation guide. Then I uploaded a theme that I like and that was pretty much it.
Thanks, ladies! Jennifer, looks great!

Elisa- what are you thinking these days? The quote I got from one guy was 775$ (ouch, seriously?!) and another was $95. May go with the lesser as I'v already spent way too long on it.
I'd totally recommend switching. WordPress is just better in so many ways. After the learning curve, you'll love it. But don't pay more than $100 for migration ($775?? That's CRAZY!). There are a lot of good blog designer (I'm one too!), that are reasonably priced and can take care of the techie stuff for you.
I have Wordpress on one of my sub-domains. The only thing is I don't know to play with the design like I can with Blogger. I'd love to get the hang of it someday, because IT IS ~a lot~ more organized than Blogger!
I prefer blogger bc of the gadgets -- I know wordpress has lots of plugins but I can't install them properly (ok - it is a user issue).
I'm a Blogger/Google lover, so I'm Blogger all the way. Now-a-days, they have templates just as nice as Wordpress templates.

Mom Made That! uses a Blogger Template that is mistaken for Wordpress a lot!

Eventually, I would like to take the time to learn Wordpress, but for now I'm sticking with Blogger!
Cool -- I thought Mom Made That was on Wordpress. Fooled me! It's very good for a Blogger template.
Thank you! They have some GREAT templates out there, you just have to dig to find them. It pulls feeds just like a Wordpress template, which is extremely helpful.

Someday I'll redecorate Mom Spark, but it's sooo time consuming.

Mom Salon looks great by the way! Shiny & sleek!
Never used Blogger, but LOVE Wordpress. It's easy, flexible and customizable.
Installing plugins is a breeze with the latest version of WP!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/21/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service