What do you do when you're drawing a blogging blank and have nothing to blog about? I feel like I've been running "dry" lately. There must be some ideas for me from you talented ladies (and men)!

Tags: blanks, ideas

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been thinking about bringing back some of my early stuff (the stuff with 0-3 comments only) and giving them a second chance. They were equally as important as my new stuff and it's new content to your newer readers!! Give yourself a week of "Oldies but Goodies!!"
That is a good idea!
I go to my pictures file. Always something current in there and it never ceases to inspire some kind of story.
Yes, whatever photos you are taking around the house of your kids/town can be nice to share. And whatever you are thinking about currently. News items, politics, your body image, why you feel annoyed, why you feel however you feel today. We can all relate.
I find that having a rough schedule helps to keep me focused and generating content because I can anticipate the type of thing I'll be writing about day to day. But really, I don't force it. If I can't think of something I just don't post that day. The next day usually breaks the 'blank' and I can carry on as usual. I don't want to feel forced to produce, that just ruins it for me.

One technique I turn to sometime is to ask a question of my readers. Doesn't have to be anything monumental, but try to get some conversation going - it's nice when it works out well :) Best of luck!
Great advice Ladies! I'm a newbie, so I haven't drawn a blank yet. But I intend to use your ideas when I get there.
I haven't gone to it yet for blogging material, but I have gone back d to read a book called "Writing Motherhood" by Lisa Garrigues. I recommend this book to ANY mom. It is fantastic and it will give you alot of ideas for journaling, becoming a more disciplined writer, and plenty of blogging material!
Thanks for all the replies everyone!
Participating in memes is good because the topic is already created for you. I like Wordless Wednesday because it gives me a break in the middle of the week but still contributes to my output.
I usually do it for that same reason. Another good one is Weekly Winners, if you're a photographer. Lotus puts it out every Sunday so it gives a good one for the weekend.
That's a GREAT book. One summer I did several exercises out of it for my blog.
Remember that Google doesn't like duplicate content. Instead, do a new post linking back to an old post and maybe add some additional commentary.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/31/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service