Bloggy questions- how do you get in on the "big" or "branded" places?

like Hallmark, Strawberry Shortcake, Olivia, Chuggington, etc.  I see blogs bigger and smaller then me that work with them, and I would love to.  SO, anyone know what to do to get involved ?
I'd appreciate the guidance.
thanks!

Tags: guidence, help, info

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Samantha - my advice is to just go for it. Do some research and go after the brand you're interested in with your own pitch. I've been fortunate enough to work with some really big brands (like Flip Video and Moen) because I contacted them and sold myself! I did not have an "in" with either company and just sent my emails to the addresses I was able to find online thru google :)

Go get em, tiger!
Search for a press release and pitch your idea to the contact listed on the press release.
Find what PR firms work with these companies as well. We've worked (and work) with so many reps, but it's always great to stay in contact with the ones we have bonded with. They will continue to email us with pitches of these companies. Good luck!
Thanks for all the replies ladies, I have always wondered this myself. It is great to hear from some larger blog owners on just how you do it.
I have been involved with promotions for brands such as: Energizer, Toyota, Osh Kosh B'Gosh, LeapFrog, Microsoft Hohm, Wendy's and many, many more.

In the beginning, I never had success randomly emailing companies. If you are too intimidated by that concept, start off joining communities like: Mom Bloggers Club, BlogHer, Mom Select, Mom Central, The Motherhood, etc. They already have relationships with brands and can match bloggers to opportunities.

Create a media kit. Companies want to know what reach you have and that you will represent them well.

Once you have a little experience with sponsored posts, I recommend attending blog conferences, such as: BlogHer, Blissdom, Type-A Mom and/or Mom 2.0. The brands are there. You will meet some face to face. This builds trust and you will both feel more comfortable establishing a relationship going forward.

Good luck :)
Any recommendations for someone who cannot attend conferences? I'm nowhere near a big city (rural Vermont) so the logistics of traveling don't work for me. My blog is getting on the larger side (1200 followers) and I'd really like to start making some connections with the bigger brands. I have a media kit and work with a number of groups.

Kim - Mommycosm said:
I have been involved with promotions for brands such as: Energizer, Toyota, Osh Kosh B'Gosh, LeapFrog, Microsoft Hohm, Wendy's and many, many more.

In the beginning, I never had success randomly emailing companies. If you are too intimidated by that concept, start off joining communities like: Mom Bloggers Club, BlogHer, Mom Select, Mom Central, The Motherhood, etc. They already have relationships with brands and can match bloggers to opportunities.

Create a media kit. Companies want to know what reach you have and that you will represent them well.

Once you have a little experience with sponsored posts, I recommend attending blog conferences, such as: BlogHer, Blissdom, Type-A Mom and/or Mom 2.0. The brands are there. You will meet some face to face. This builds trust and you will both feel more comfortable establishing a relationship going forward.

Good luck :)
These are really great suggestions. I can't be a "conference" person, due to the prohibitive cost, but maybe in the future! But I am a member of almost all the sites you listed- so far, not much help in that area, but great for meeting other mom bloggers, lol- and I will go join the others now.

So I am assuming at this point is all about the finding the "right" contact email, and then sending a really good on to them.
I already belong to all the mom member groups named below & have never gotten an opp
from any of them I'm sorry to say. I would also love to know how to connect with larger
companies and brands for my blog. I am doing the email sending now but it's a hit
and miss situation. There must be a better way that another blogger could share.
http://www.diabeticsnacker.com/
That's kind of where I am. None of those Mom Sites really send reviews, and Tomoson requires PR for like 90% of them (and I was not blogging in April and there have been no updates since then, so OH WELL for me and anyone else!)
Emails are hit and miss (and miss and miss, LOL) so I guess it is just a waiting game....
Cest la vie!
Thanks to all who commented thus far!
Well I belong to all of the groups except for Blogher and I do get opportunities regularly. As I get larger, I get chosen for more of them. When my blog was small, I never heard from anyone.
That's why I said I think it is a waiting game...which is not fun, but it is what it is. I have almost 800 GFC and my ranks are pretty good, but need to grow my twitter and FB. Working on it.
Email them directly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/22/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service