Brand new blog is a week old and I've got questions! Answers and advice, please! :-)

Hello!

I've been blogging since 2009 for our journey with our son (www.christiansjourney.org) and I wanted to break out and do more of a mainstream blog. Enter Momma Candy!

My son's page has a good amount of followers but I didn't realize how difficult it would be to get followers to the new blog.

I've read that twitter is a good avenue but I am twitter stupid! (I can hash tag like nobody's business, though!) How do you use twitter to get more followers? By hashtagging? Twitter parties?

Starting this blog has proven to be a lot more overwhelming. In the beginning, what is more important? Building content and followers? Blog layout, design, and branding? I feel like I'm jumping from point to point and I'm not sure where I should be spending most of my time.

And, I need followers, and I'm looking to follow! Wanna follow each other?

Thanks!
Shauna
Www.mommacandy.com

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your welcome.  A twitter party uses a hash tag and they usually give away prizes.  During a twitter party the host tries to get you more familiar with a product. Such as a new matteress from @serta.  They will ask you different types of questions.  It almost seems as if the party is to get feed back on what is important to customers.  And they give away random prizes to participates.  I haven't joined any twitter parties, but I do connect with several groups that have weekly chats using a hash tag.  

Thank you Elizabeth, I hope that it explained how I got started with twitter.  I started out as a newbie myself and now am an active member of twitter.  I have kept my main focus on building followers and helping others.  This is key to building a good following.  Don't just use twitter to self promote, that is a turn off.  

It is okay to post your new articles but remember to share other peoples work that you think that your followers would be interested in as well.  :)  Happy Tweeting.

Hello,

just found you. I like your blog and will follow. Feel free to check out my blog as well :)

http://simplethoughtsonthings.blogspot.com/

I left your blog some love.  However, every time I click on a link it pops up another screen.  Please check your site for malware.

Hmmm...thanks for letting me know! I don't see anything on the iPad but I'll check the link on the PC later. What kind of pop up was it?

I checked for you Shauna and nothing popped up on my computer.

It wasn't on your blog Shauna, it was on Happy Mommy's http://simplethoughtsonthings.blogspot.com/ site's

I'm following your POV blog and twitter! Please follow me back! I'm so new to twitter, I haven't really gained momentum with it yet.

POV sounds really interesting. I follow politics as a hobby so I'm interested to start ready some of your stuff!
Thanks! I had a mini freak out! Sorry! Especially because I've been getting hits from villainstat and zombiestat so I was worried.

I'll follow you Shauna,

I'm pretty new and can use followers too.  How do you do a Twitter party?  I only have 18 Twitter followers.

I'll check out your site.

Mindi

http://www.maternalmanager.com

Twitter parties are usually held by bloggers who have a huge following and are helping get the word out on new products.  Follow @resourcefulmom, she hosts weekly twitter parties.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service