Brand new blog is a week old and I've got questions! Answers and advice, please! :-)

Hello!

I've been blogging since 2009 for our journey with our son (www.christiansjourney.org) and I wanted to break out and do more of a mainstream blog. Enter Momma Candy!

My son's page has a good amount of followers but I didn't realize how difficult it would be to get followers to the new blog.

I've read that twitter is a good avenue but I am twitter stupid! (I can hash tag like nobody's business, though!) How do you use twitter to get more followers? By hashtagging? Twitter parties?

Starting this blog has proven to be a lot more overwhelming. In the beginning, what is more important? Building content and followers? Blog layout, design, and branding? I feel like I'm jumping from point to point and I'm not sure where I should be spending most of my time.

And, I need followers, and I'm looking to follow! Wanna follow each other?

Thanks!
Shauna
Www.mommacandy.com

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Christy that is a great article!  I didn't join Twitter until I started my blog and I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

Thank you Elizabeth, I hope that it explained how I got started with twitter.  I started out as a newbie myself and now am an active member of twitter.  I have kept my main focus on building followers and helping others.  This is key to building a good following.  Don't just use twitter to self promote, that is a turn off.  

It is okay to post your new articles but remember to share other peoples work that you think that your followers would be interested in as well.  :)  Happy Tweeting.

Hello,

just found you. I like your blog and will follow. Feel free to check out my blog as well :)

http://simplethoughtsonthings.blogspot.com/

I left your blog some love.  However, every time I click on a link it pops up another screen.  Please check your site for malware.

Hmmm...thanks for letting me know! I don't see anything on the iPad but I'll check the link on the PC later. What kind of pop up was it?

I checked for you Shauna and nothing popped up on my computer.

It wasn't on your blog Shauna, it was on Happy Mommy's http://simplethoughtsonthings.blogspot.com/ site's

Thanks! I had a mini freak out! Sorry! Especially because I've been getting hits from villainstat and zombiestat so I was worried.
I'm following your POV blog and twitter! Please follow me back! I'm so new to twitter, I haven't really gained momentum with it yet.

POV sounds really interesting. I follow politics as a hobby so I'm interested to start ready some of your stuff!

I'll follow you Shauna,

I'm pretty new and can use followers too.  How do you do a Twitter party?  I only have 18 Twitter followers.

I'll check out your site.

Mindi

http://www.maternalmanager.com

Twitter parties are usually held by bloggers who have a huge following and are helping get the word out on new products.  Follow @resourcefulmom, she hosts weekly twitter parties.

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service