Ok--so here's one of those moments where I feel as though I'm totally in over my head.

I've yet to buy a domain for my blog, Peanut's Page, but the time has come.

Naturally, peanutspage.com is already taken.

I sent off a quick e-mail to the person who owns the site, but didn't expect much in response. Imagine my surprise to hear from her less than eight hours later!

...anyway, to make a short story long, she wants to know how much I want to buy the site for. I've got absolutely NO IDEA what sort of offer is fair??

Help!! (thank you!)

Tags: blog, domain, name

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh my gosh! this is a hard one? No IDEA! But curious as well. Will be watching for the responses to this question.
if the domain is not taken how do you begin to buy it? just wondering
Why don't you ask her how much she wants for it and then use that as a negotiating point. She'll probably start high, but you can get her down to a reasonable price because it's just sitting there.
...I'm such a newb!

Is there a general... range? something I might expect? for example, would "reasonable" be considered $50 or $500?

and thank you for your help!
She might throw out $250-$500. Anything above that is a no-go. Then decide how much you want it. Remember, there are a whole host of variations of the domain name that you can create and buy without having to negotiate with her. But if you think the price is right, buy it from her.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service