I'm trying to re-set my advertising rates and I'm having a tough time!  My blog is a year old and gets just over 500 visits/day.  My Facebook page has just shy of 2,000 fans.  I focus on a specific geographic area and blog about upcoming events, restaurant reviews, schools, shopping, etc.

I am getting requests here and there from people who want me to mention things on my Facebook page, so I need to come up with some pricing (and policies) where I can benefit but I don't turn off my readers.  Here's what I have so far:

Tagged (if possible) Facebook mention – available based on content of the request (must be promoting an offer or event of some kind, something of benefit to readers): $20

Facebook Tag plus blog mention: same as above with a corresponding blog “news” post (compilation of area news, upcoming events and other snippets of info of interest to readers) that includes details about an offer or event with photo/image: $50

What do you think of that?

Also....I'm currently charging $35/month for a small ad (230x115 pixels) and $45/month for a medium ad (230x230 pixels).  Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Suzanne

www.EastMemphisMoms.com

Tags: advertising

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just thinking the other day I wonder if that if that is allowed. Facebook rules are so strict, are we allowed to charge for status updates?

So you get what 15000 pageviews a month? Wow. I would be charging more than that for ads on your blog. I get 6000 pageviews and I charge $25 for 125x125 which is a bit on the low side. I would say just a bit more at least. Also offer for 6 months or a year with a discount (so they pay less per month if they buy 6 or 12 months upfront.)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/26/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service