In the last few weeks, I've literally been swamped with emails from PR companies asking me to post about everything from the latest music video to infant formula. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way complaining, but just dealing with all of these emails and extra posts is taking up an incredible amount of time (my laundry pile serves as an example - LOL!)

I usually try to convert these into a giveaway explaining that they'll get more bang if they do a week-long giveaway than a one time post that will go below the fold in a matter of hours.

Although many do agree to the giveaway, some do not - does anyone else charge for posting these types of things? and if so, how much and do you find it puts off pr companies when you ask them for a fee?

What do you think?

Tags: paid, posting, posts, pr, product, reviews

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

there is a great thread on this same question HERE
Thanks Kristen - I read that thread, it's actually what got me thinking about this question.

I've always considered it a win-win if they decide to do a giveaway with me and would never charge for that - but I'm wondering about those who decided not to do a giveaway.

I don't mind doing posts for people (announcing their event or product) but if they're not going to work with me on a giveaway - those are the people I'm thinking about asking for some sort of compensation for my time.
now this is my opinion only but if they do send you the product to review I view the product as your payment and you can always say no if you don't feel it is worthy I think some companies can't afford to do so many giveaways but I agree when they also give me product to giveaway it allows me to post about it at giveaway site etc. I actually am on both sides of the whole giveaway/host/ reviewer so this topic is of interest to me too.
I've been getting a lot of those requests as well.
I'm running one post per week for announcements, etc. I got the idea from Kailani's Island News article. (Thanks again Kailani!) I save all the requests and enter the ones I'm going to include through the week and run it on Saturday, ending up with a light day as well.
I had wondered at first if I should charge and decided not to do so. None, or almost none, of the wording is mine and I'm using the opportunity to try and expand my contacts and turn a couple of them into reviews.
By not charging I can decide which ones I want to mention as well as control what's mentioned.
So far feedback has been good.
(Hat tip again to Kailani for the advice.)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/23/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service