I've been reading and researching a lot across the web and finding tips and ways to seek conference sponsorship. I've created a media kit, sponsorship kit, and created a page on my blog with info.

What I'm now realizing is although I've done reviews and giveaways for big brands...I don't always have a company contact, only a PR rep. Are those the people to send Sponsorship request info to or should I find some way to contact the company directly?

I figured companies I'd already worked with would be the 1st ones to contact.

Any insight would be great :)

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you'd be better off contacting the company directly. You can ask for the Sales & Marketing Contact for the company.  When you attend conferences and you meet brands, it's usually the company themself NOT a PR Rep that attends.I am in the process of pitching for sponsorships using contacts I met at last years Bloggy Bootcamp and Blogalicious blog conferences. I have a few PR contacts but, almost everyone I connected with was directly associated with the business itself. Ask for marketing coordinator, marketing director etc. You'll get a name and if they are not who you want they'll know who to put you in contact with. Hope this helps!

It depends. I've worked with companies directly and with their PR reps that were hired to be at the conference alongside the brand managers. It cannot hurt to contact the company first. If you get no response, then contact their PR person. 

Good luck!

Thank you both for your answers, I'll definitely try the companies first & then try PR as back up ;)

thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service