The age old debate which blogging platform is best? I'm currently on blogger but seriously considering moving to self-hosted wordpress because I want more pages, adspace and otentally sliders in future (and all the "big blogs" seem to be wp).

Any thoughts on the 'better' platform?

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In all the debates on this topic, I have only ever seen one person prefer Blogger. I still have Blogger, but intend to move to WP as soon as possible.
What would have to be done to move to WP? I feel really down about this because I'm on Blogger and am really trying to get things going with my blog, would going to WP be like starting from scratch? In the forum about the biggest mistakes you've made as a blogger, I feel like a lot of people are saying theirs was starting out with Blogger. Maybe it would be more beneficial to wait until I had a really solid following and then move, knowing that people would follow me over?
I'm going to have my husband build mine. I am not going to wait until a certain time or with a certain amount of people because I still want to have my own blog...for me. :) I've heard of a company called Blogelina (I think that's it.) And people have had great success with them transferring their blog from Blogger to WP.
I still have, use and love Blogger. I actually asked a couple web/blog designers that I met which is better and they both agreed that it's a preference thing. One asked me point blank, what do I think/know is on WP that I'm not getting/happy with on Blogger. I couldn't think of anything. I've done a lot of learning and customized my blog to what I wanted. I just hit 3 years blogging and am happy where I am. I also took a peek at the new Dashboard in Beta and it looks like there are some great things coming.
Thank you for that input! Gives me a different perspective, definitely. I have felt like I "had" to move to WP to be taken "seriously."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/26/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service