I'm just curious- why or why not?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no...the only time i got anonymous comments were either spammers, or a few times that a poster wrote really offensive things (one spoke about stay at home wives as leeches, and the other wrote that anyone who celebrates holidays is ungodly because holidays are pagan)...just weird stuff, and when I stopped allowing anonymous comments, i never got offensive or odd comments again).

when i run contests, anonymous users are people who already entered now entering again with a different email address (cheating).

cowardly people who want to be nasty hide behind being anonymous, there is just no reason for it on my blog...if you want to say something to me, and especially if you want me to respond, you can tell me who you are- sort of, the blogging world is rather anonymous as it is anyway :) .
What I hate about the anonymous factor is, like you said above Penelope, when people disagree with you or take one of your posts completely the wrong way... and then you have no way to discuss anything with them. You can comment on the post yourself but it's unlikely they will ever see it.

I had this happen recently on my blog where I wrote a post about "Sperm Donors and Egg Suppliers" - not literally but my title was a metaphor for parents who walk away from their kids. I got a comment from "Anonymous" saying how pissed she was that I would criticize those who helped others have babies - which was TOTALLY not what my post was about. Like I said, I wish I could have contacted her and discussed how she took my post way outta context...

Sucks a little bit. I've yet to get a really nasty anonymous comment...yet. :p
I allow anonymous comments since I'm set up to review them all first. So, no comment gets by me w/out me checking it out. If it's offensive then it's deleted. I haven't run across that yet, but it's only a matter of time.

~Mimi @ Woen by Words
I used to, but not anymore. I figure that if they have something worth saying, they will say who they are! I like to respond also, when I can, and I just don't see a need for being anonymous. I run a lot of giveaways too.
I moderate my comments so that I have to approve each one before it posts. Therefore I treat anonymous posts the same as any others, as long as they aren't spam, I let them through. Some people don't like their names appearing online, and I can respect that.

Jennifer
Connect with your Teens through Pop Culture and Technology
Yes I do allow anonymous comments but I review all comments first in order to avoid spammers. There has only been one real comment that I have rejected since I've had my blog and that was because the comment was very insulting to someone else who had nothing to do with my blog.
I allow anonymous posts, but I also have the approve-before-posting option. Initially, there were friends of mine (& my mother's!) who didn't understand how to post w/o being anonymous. So for me, it's not that big a deal if somebody is anonymous.

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service