I've been co-sleeping with my baby (now toddler) since she was 4 months old and I've loved it. I wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world. So, am just wondering what other moms have to say about co-sleeping and whether they do it or not and why?

 

Read my blog post on the joys of co-sleeping and do share your inputs in the comments! Look forward to seeing you there!

 

Warmly

Prerna

 

The Mom Writes

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I co-sleep from 8 to 12 then I take her to her room. 
Hi Kari,
That sounds like a good arrangement too.. How old is your toddler?

Kari Sandoval said:
I co-sleep from 8 to 12 then I take her to her room. 
I'm a soon-to-be mommy, but I'd be so scared to co-sleep because the doctors ingrain it into you not to. I'm a light sleeper so I don't think I would have a problem, but I'd be too worried.
My Motherless Adventure
Hi Jenn, All the best for the new baby!

As I said in my blog post, listen to your "mommy" heart when baby comes. Trust me, you'll do the right thing.
Warmly,
Prerna
The Mom Writes.


Jenn said:
I'm a soon-to-be mommy, but I'd be so scared to co-sleep because the doctors ingrain it into you not to. I'm a light sleeper so I don't think I would have a problem, but I'd be too worried.
My Motherless Adventure
We don't co-sleep as such but we often end up with my two in bed with us at some point through the night (girl 4 and boy2). To be honest, it drives me nuts, they are so wriggly and kicky and the boy, for some reason, can't sleep with his body facing down the bed and has to lie across the bed. It is much easier in the mornings though when they wake up, you can lie in bed a little rather than having to leap up to check what mischief they are up to :D

I think if they were less kicky and wriggly I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I woke up the other day with a stinging cheek bone where one of them must have hit or kicked me in their sleep.

Heather
Note From Lapland
Ooohh.. The kicking must be painful.. I can only imagine.. Luckily, my toddler loves snuggling and while she does move around a bit, she hasnt yet started kicking.. Guess, you may want to move your 4yo to his own big bed while keeping the 2 yo for a while longer!:-)

Heather said:
We don't co-sleep as such but we often end up with my two in bed with us at some point through the night (girl 4 and boy2). To be honest, it drives me nuts, they are so wriggly and kicky and the boy, for some reason, can't sleep with his body facing down the bed and has to lie across the bed. It is much easier in the mornings though when they wake up, you can lie in bed a little rather than having to leap up to check what mischief they are up to :D

I think if they were less kicky and wriggly I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I woke up the other day with a stinging cheek bone where one of them must have hit or kicked me in their sleep.

Heather
Note From Lapland
i have a little boy who is now 3 and i've co-slept since birth! it's such a precious time! we are so close, and i'm actually still breastfeeding him too!
I co-slept until she was six months old and then we moved her into her own crib in our room until she was 10 months. she sleeps through the night now (16 months) and I miss sleeping with her but I would like for her to be confident and not afraid to sleep on her own.
i coslept with all my kids and it from time to time. they are 4, 3, and 1. their dad works the night shift from 6:30 to 5:30 am so im the only one home with them and they need someone to cuddle with.
My experience is a bit different. I never intended to co-sleep. My eldest daughter had a different plan. After months of not being able to sleep due to her crying I gave in. Advance forward - She is almost 8 now and she still wanders into our bed at night. We have talked about it and I still don't understand it. To counter balance it, I have a 4 year old daughter too who never wanders in and is perfectly fine on her own. Sometimes the best laid plans are thwarted.
I do sleep with my now 4 year old. What had happen was... lol!
I go to bed really late. So my baby girl would lay on the couch til she fell asleep then we could take her to bed. She would get up in the middle of the night, i guess realizing she wasn't in the same spot so I would get out of bed and lay on the couch with her til she went to sleep. Well my husband is a horrible snorer, plus we were having major issues so my daughter getting up gave me the excuse to get out of bed and sleep on the couch. We soon got brand new couch, it was a sectinal with an ottoman, its really big and it was brand new so eventually I got used to sleeping on the couch with her ever since.
Eventually, soon, I will start making her get back in her bed. It's not good, mainly when it effects your relationship with your S/O plus the older they get the harder it is to break them from things like that. (Byrdy's Eye View of it!)
yes, I definitely co-sleep with my daughter. Once she is all comfy and and in a deep sleep, I know it is time for the little one to be transfered in her own room. But sometimes she just sleeps in her room and wakes up at around 3 AM and comes to find us. But I don't have a problem with it at all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/21/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service