I've been co-sleeping with my baby (now toddler) since she was 4 months old and I've loved it. I wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world. So, am just wondering what other moms have to say about co-sleeping and whether they do it or not and why?

Read my blog post on the joys of co-sleeping and do share your inputs in the comments! Look forward to seeing you there!

Warmly

Prerna

The Mom Writes

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with co-sleeping. Am so glad to see that there are so many moms who find co-sleeping with baby or toddler comfy and lovely..

Thanks again for sharing.. Do join me at The Mom Writes where I blog about everything mom and home-related!

Warmly,

Prerna

Show Me MaMa said:
yes, I definitely co-sleep with my daughter. Once she is all comfy and and in a deep sleep, I know it is time for the little one to be transfered in her own room. But sometimes she just sleeps in her room and wakes up at around 3 AM and comes to find us. But I don't have a problem with it at all.
My son slept with me until he was about 5 months old. After that I moved him to a crib next to me. As long as he is in room with me he sleeps fine througout the night. I tried moving him to his nursery but he woke up every hour. I did love co-sleeping with him, but he started moving around a lot in his sleep, and I was afraid he'd fall.
I never thought of it as co-sleeping, but I suppose I did a bit of it. I think people that smoother their kids while co-sleeping have drugs or alcohol in their system. I rocked my first one until she would fall alseep so she wasn’t used to me not being there when she went to sleep. So when she moved to her toddler bed I would rock her and if she wasn’t sleeping yet I would lay down with her until she would fall asleep. Inevitably I would fall asleep with her and wake up two hours later to go to my own bed. Also while I was nursing much of the night was spent with my babies on the couch. I slept while they ate.

It could be just my kids' personalities but I wonder if sleep patterns early on help with the closeness you have with your child. My kids are very attached to me. In a healthy way I feel, but I appreciate that they wonder where I went two minutes after I left the room. Or that they want me to come with them when other kids would do things independently. I don't have to worry about them wandering too far off because they want to be close to me. I suppose there could be various reasons for this, but the early sleep patterns could play a role I believe.
Agree with you on this.. While my toddler is relatively independent, she loves being around me.. Again, dunno if early sleep habits and patterns have anything to do with this. Also, now I don't know who enjoys co-sleeping more - her or me??LOL!

Angela Steward said:
I never thought of it as co-sleeping, but I suppose I did a bit of it. I think people that smoother their kids while co-sleeping have drugs or alcohol in their system. I rocked my first one until she would fall alseep so she wasn’t used to me not being there when she went to sleep. So when she moved to her toddler bed I would rock her and if she wasn’t sleeping yet I would lay down with her until she would fall asleep. Inevitably I would fall asleep with her and wake up two hours later to go to my own bed. Also while I was nursing much of the night was spent with my babies on the couch. I slept while they ate.

It could be just my kids' personalities but I wonder if sleep patterns early on help with the closeness you have with your child. My kids are very attached to me. In a healthy way I feel, but I appreciate that they wonder where I went two minutes after I left the room. Or that they want me to come with them when other kids would do things independently. I don't have to worry about them wandering too far off because they want to be close to me. I suppose there could be various reasons for this, but the early sleep patterns could play a role I believe.
We have a sidecar arrangement - started with a crib and now use a twin bed. My son is 2 1/2. I wouldn't change it.
I did co-sleep with my first, until she was 2- but then my second came along, and he woke up so often to nurse, that it was impossible for the 2 year old to get any sleep :( But I look forward to hopefully*** cosleeping with the 3rd? :)

http://www.ryanashleymaeve.blogspot.com
Hi Ashley,

Thanks for sharing! All the best for the new baby! Can understand how tough it must have been with nursing a small baby..
Prerna

The Mom Writes

Ashley McKenney said:
I did co-sleep with my first, until she was 2- but then my second came along, and he woke up so often to nurse, that it was impossible for the 2 year old to get any sleep :( But I look forward to hopefully*** cosleeping with the 3rd? :)

http://www.ryanashleymaeve.blogspot.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service