Advertisement

Unlimited Photo Storage

FOLLOW US

Latest Activity

Megan Sanchez and Shelby Moore are now friends
35 minutes ago
Anna Cockayne replied to Fiza Khan's discussion 'Post Your Link Here and Get Followers'
41 minutes ago
Shelby Moore commented on Mom Bloggers Club's group 'Newbie Bloggers'
1 hour ago
Shelby Moore joined Mom Bloggers Club's group
1 hour ago
Shelby Moore liked Mom Bloggers Club's group Newbie Bloggers
1 hour ago
Shelby Moore left a comment for Christina Berry
1 hour ago
Shelby Moore updated their profile
1 hour ago
Shelby Moore posted a status
"You pack like your moving to go to walmart, Packs of diapers, whole can of formula, a jug of water, 5 sets of clothes etc."
1 hour ago

OUR BLOG

Secrets of Readability: Tips for Writing Your Best Content

Writing good content is not an option to remain relevant in the market. You have to write appealing stuff that will help you increase web presence and visibility online. This is the main focus of a…

For 2018, Make Finding the Right Activities for Your Kids Your New Year’s Resolution

New year, new you, new activities for your kids.  Is this is the year that Sam wants to learn to play the violin? Or Suzie wants to take up dancing? Or you need to find John a new lacrosse camp? It can be tough navigating all the options for classes, programs and camps.  In 2018, let other moms…

Advertisements

A great blogger I follow told me this week that she deletes photos from posts older than 2 weeks. I hadn't thought of this and I don't always remember to watermark my photos. Do you delete photos from your older posts? How long do you wait to delete them? Have you ever found your photos being used on someone else's blog/site? How did you find out the photos were there?

 

Thanks!

 

Mimi @ Woven by Words & Marvelous Mom Reviews

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's interesting!

I don't think I would do this because a lot of times if I find a great blog I will sit and read through sooo many of their pages - sometimes through the entire blog! The pictures really enhance the posts and I think they would be boring without them. I can see how this would be good to prevent others from stealing them and also maybe speed up your blog though!
I don't delete photos from older post, but I do delete movie's that play because they can bog down your sites loading time.
I have never even thought about deleting old photos, but I don't think I would. I like them to be there in case somebody is reading an old post - it really does add to a post : )
Having your photos on someone else's website is pretty scary, and I've never thought about it. I don't delete old photos.
Oh, that's a good thought. My only "concern" is that the videos I have up are YouTube videos that go along with the post. Well, it's basically the post. Hmmm, maybe I could just leave a link to the YouTube video.

Baba said:
I don't delete photos from older post, but I do delete movie's that play because they can bog down your sites loading time.
I agree, but I'm still torn. I need to get a watermark made.

JenReg said:
I have never even thought about deleting old photos, but I don't think I would. I like them to be there in case somebody is reading an old post - it really does add to a post : )
I feel the same way, but I like the thought behind it. So many thoughts on how to speed up the blog, but keep my pictures mine (not that anyone would "steal" them anyhow) and keep the posts pleasing to the eye.

Reyna M said:
That's interesting!

I don't think I would do this because a lot of times if I find a great blog I will sit and read through sooo many of their pages - sometimes through the entire blog! The pictures really enhance the posts and I think they would be boring without them. I can see how this would be good to prevent others from stealing them and also maybe speed up your blog though!
It is a scary thought I agree!

forgetfulone said:
Having your photos on someone else's website is pretty scary, and I've never thought about it. I don't delete old photos.
Lots of my posts are tutorials, and they would be pretty meaningless without the photos. Others are pics of projects I've done, which are pretty important. I can't imagine deleting all those photos.

I am starting to watermark or put imprints on my photos. Any new posts with Little Moore in them have my blog name across my son's face, so that someone would be less likely to "steal" his image. I'm in the process of going back through my old posts and watermarking.

It is easy to do - just upload the photo into picink (free site). Click on the "create" tab. Click on "text." type in what you want. Use the cursor to move the text around, rotate it, or change the size. Then change the color if you want, and adjust the opacity so that the photo is still view-able, but less attractive for someone wanting to "steal" the photo.

Click on "Save and Share" and save the photo to your computer. Now upload to your blog as usual.

I only do this on pictures of my son, or on "glamor shots" of finished projects. I think doing it to every photo on my blog would be time consuming and pretty annoying to look at.

Hope this is helpful!

Carolina
http://expectmoore.blogspot.com

Mimi said:
I agree, but I'm still torn. I need to get a watermark made.

JenReg said:
I have never even thought about deleting old photos, but I don't think I would. I like them to be there in case somebody is reading an old post - it really does add to a post : )

RSS

© 2018   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service