Hi Everyone!

My name is Brittanie and I am based in Utah. I came across an article today that got my attention, it was about business licenses being required if you have a blog and earn money from your blog. I was curious, do any of you have business licences? Do you think it is a good precautionary measure? I would like your thoughts on this...

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Brittanie!  It is my understanding that you do not need a business license to blog. About 1 year ago I started/registered a business, LLC, as a blogger/blog designer.  The reason I did that was because I had monetized my blog and started designing and wanted to make sure I had everything covered if I earned enough to file.  www.sba.gov is a good resource for small businesses and you can look up information based on the state you live in.

Hope that was helpful:)

Busy Momi Bee

Great, Thank you for the information and quick reply. I have read several posts about bloggers needing to apply for business licenses if they are promoting ads and making money. If that is what it takes to avoid legal costs later down the road then I will do it but I was just curious what others have done. Thank you for the information I am going to go check out the site you gave me now! :)

Brittanie, it's going to depend on where you live. When I was in Colorado, neither the state, the county or my city required a business license for working out of my home.

The county I live in here in Georgia requires a business license. If I was in the city limits, I'd need a business license from them, too. the best thing is to go online and do some research if your city, country or state requires it and make some phone calls if necessary as it's hard to find the information depending on how good their websites are. I found Georgia to be rather complex as I had to file for a tax license in order to get my business license, too.

Good luck!

I just recently filed and became an LLC, though my state/county does not require it.  I did it for tax purposes.  It does depend on where you live and how much you make.  The county I am in does not require anything for me to operate out of my house but neighboring counties do.

Thank you all for the great information! I did some research and couldn't really find any information on it pertaining to Utah or even my city. Looks like I will have to be making some phone calls.

Wonderful question and I am so glad you got some good feedback! I have been wondering this same thing. 

www.thepinningmama.com 

I think you can do business with your blog without license. Because if you work is small and you just use your blog or social networking account (as facebook, twitter, ...) to sell something and it no influence to any one, you don't breaking the law.

Some thing like a blog a just read here, they use blog to promote their products and share to any one who need...

I would love to increase my readership as well. I am finding it a bit difficult. I do like coming on to the site and reading other blogs.  I have found some great blogs. I normally keep track of the blogs that I join and try to comment on them at least once every other week until I just never hear from them.  I love having tons of blogs to read and respond too.

Cynthia

www.richlymiddleclass.com

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service