Do you own your domain?

If so, did you start your blog with your own domain, or did you transition?

If you transitioned, was it a Major Pain???

What do you think are the benefits of owning your domain?

Is it expensive?

If you don't own your domain, why not?

April
www.AprilsLittleFamily.blogspot.com
www.MamaLovesFood.blogspot.com

Tags: blogging, domain, ownership

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I started doing paid blog posts and started posting in a frequent manner I bought my own domain. Luckily my previous free blog site through wordpress didn't have that big of a reader base and I hadn't yet been publicizing it as much on social sites so the transition was fairly easy. I do though have a link on my current self-hosted blog to my old site with previous posts.

The cost of my self-hosted site has actually been paid for through my paid posts so far. I did have to pay $15 for my domain year for the year and then if I were to pay my hosting site out of pocket it's 4.95 a month and well worth it to me. Mine is through Gatorhost.

I've been told that having your self-hosted site helps you gain more review/job opportunities bc companies see you as taking your blogging seriously.
I started with a blog on blogger.com and then had my developer work it into my site. How he did this, I have no idea. In fact, I am in the process of getting a "blog tutor" because I can't figure out alot of things like spam and sociable plug-ins and posting link buttons.
Yes, I decided to own my domains rather early on. It's well worth the money.
How did you do it? I bought my domain www.nomommybrain.com but am currently just having it redirct to my blogger site www.nomommybrain.blogspot.com. I did it because it's easier to tell people about and also because I wanted it to be mine when I was ready to use it someday. I didn't know you could host on blogger but redirect to your own URL...please share!

Thanks!
Maggie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service